Chapter 2.

It was Monday. The best and worst day of the week. Best, because its a new day, new week meaning a new start. That's how my concept works anyways. Worst because other people are usually so moody and not up for doing school work, unlike me. I rolled out of my bed and stood next to my bed side cabinet. There was something strange about this morning, but I couldn't but my finger on it. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 10am. 

"Shit!" I cursed out loud. I quickly ran down stairs to the lounge. No one was home. I ran back upstairs and ran the shower, before quickly un-dressing and climbing in. I washed my hair, my body and my teeth then jumped out. I dressed into jeans and an over sized t-shirt. I grabbed my phone once more and texted my mom. Telling her I'm so sorry that I slept in. Usually my alarm goes off at 6am. I left my hair out and wavy, applied light makeup, grabbed my books and walked very fast to school.

"Lopez, late again. Is this going to be a regular Monday morning thing?" Mr Smith asked as I entered History class. I looked to my normal seat, and sure enough Becca had saved it for me. 

"I'm sorry, I slept in." I sighed. I walked over to my seat and slid in. "What did I miss?" I asked, grabbing my pencil and opening my book.

"Honey, class has two minutes left. There's no point writing anything." Becca smirked and I rolled my eyes. This girl is going to come crying to me when she hasn't passed the year, and I have. I hated myself for sleeping in. The school bell rung and I groaned. "Lighten up, princess. I'll fill you in at lunch." I rolled my eyes and stood up, following Becca to our lockers.

"I cant believe I slept in." I sighed. I was so disappointed in myself. Becca laughed and I tilted my head. Giving her a 'stop' look. Hannah walked over with a worried look on her face. 

"Sleeping in is not a big deal. Bunking, is a big deal. Which I do both of anyways." Becca smiled. We both looked at Hannah who still had a worried look on her face. "Whats up pumpkin?"

"I hate my class. So much." Hannah moaned with no expression whatsoever.

"Why?" Becca and I asked at the same time. How could anyone possibly hate there class? I mean, yeah you can hate people in it. But definitely not every single soul. Personally, I dislike a few of my class, but the rest are quite okay. Well, they have been this year anyways.

"They all expect so much from me." Hannah sighed. I turned around to switch my books in my locker. I heard Hannah and Becca vent about how annoying the boys were, and how the teachers just expect them to be smart. Maybe if they actually listened in class, instead of laying back and doodling, then they wouldn't think like this. 

"Can we go to class now?" I asked. I shut my locker and turned around to face my best friends. Yes, I know, its been a week. But honestly, these girls are my best friends. I think. Becca nodded and we turned to walk to our next class. As we were walking, I couldn't help but notice the stares we were getting, and how the other students parted for us to walk through. 

...

Finally, it was lunch time. Hannah, Becca and I sat with our usual group. The footballers, some cheerleaders and a few punks. I quietly ate my lunch, while the rest of the group talked about how 'this is only year 12, we may as well have fun while were still here' I cannot disagree more. One year, of doing nothing but having 'fun' could mess the rest of our lives up.

"Santana?" Hannah caught me completely off guard. I turned to look at her. "What are you going to do after year 12?" Is she kidding?

"Ah, year 13?" I replied, looking at her like she was stupid. 

"You're staying a whole-nother year?" Becca asked, her jaw nearly hitting the floor. I nodded then took a bite of my apple.

"Mom wants me to go to university. Study to be a lawyer." I smiled and Hannah laughed.