Chapter 29.

Brittany and I arrived to my house at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. After school, we went straight to her house to gather everything she would need until Monday. We said goodbye to her parents, then went to my house. Mom was still out, probably still shopping so Brittany and I took over the kitchen.

"I'm so hungry." I groaned, opening the cupboard to next to no food. I let out a sigh, then a small chuckle.

"What's funny?" Brittany asked, sitting down on one if the bar stools.

"It doesn't matter. Maybe we would wait for mom to come home and cook us food." I suggestered. Brittany nodded then followed me to the lounge. We sat on opposite ends of the couch, as I flicked through the TV channels, then settled on the music channel. "I wouldn't live without music."

"Why?" Brittany asked.

"It's my way of escaping this miserable place."

"I suppose. It's not so miserable now though, is it?"

I shook my head. "It hasn't been for a while now, I mean, minus a few days when we were fighting." I chuckled.

"I can't believe we stopped talking for a few days." Brittany laughed.

"I don't know how I survived." I added.

"What do you mean?" Brittany looked into my brown eyes with her ocean ones.

"I mean, going without talking to you for a few days, was like going a year without rain. I was barely functioning, and it felt as though my whole world had dried up." I tried to explain.

"Awh, that's really sweet." Brittany cooed. I scrunched my nose up, smiling.

"It's true." I turned away from her gaze and looked up at the TV. I could feel Brittany's eyes still on me. The song Wrecking ball came on. I had always admired Miley and everything she had done. She had grown up in the public eye so what we expected of her was an innocent Hannah Montana teenager. But when she changed, it was apparently so bad. I think we were just too used to seeing her as a child that we forgot she had actually grown up too. The song just made me think of how badly someone can be treated, that you can feel their pain through words.

"Earth to Santana?" Brittany's voice distracted my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I looked back to my best friend.

"I said, what are your plans for after we graduate?" She spoke. Dammit, what am I supposed to say 'oh I was waiting to see what you were going to do, then I was going to do the same and follow your dreams instead of my own just like Finn said.'

"Uh, I'm not sure yet. Does the music school only go for a year?" I questioned. Brittany nodded.

"Basically, you do a year of learning and everything at music school, then you get offered into different schools that go for three years each. We either take the offer, or go our own ways." Brittany explained.

"Oh, I would probably take the offer." I gulped. "What are your plans?" Suttle.

"I think I might go to university." Brittany caught me of guard. What?

"What about dancing?"

"I love it, yeah but I don't think I would be able to get a career doing it. So if I go to university and study science or something then I can have a proper job." Brittany spoke.