Chapter Sixteen: Making The Team

"Camellia!! I was so worried! He didn't expell you did he!?" Draco asked as Camellia walked back to the Slytherin dorms. Pushed the familiar scale and said the password. Her friends were waiting for her patiently in the common room as she entered the dim area.

"Nope! I have to clean the corridors though..."

"What are you talking about Camellia? You know that Slytherines never leave a mess behind. Our corridors are never dirty." Draco said.

True to his words, the corridors and the whole common room was spotless.

She smiled to her uncle's kindness. He told her do work which wasn't necessary in the first place, therefore had no need to be done.

"Though Severus said that I'll be Slytherin seeker! For our Quidditch team!!" The boys were dumbfounded.

"Woah!! That's amazing Mellia! We're so proud of you! You really were brilliant on the broom weren't you! I can't believe ol'Fumbles tried to kill you!" The boys and Camellia talked on and on for the rest of the day, during lessons too, they talked as they passed letters. They finished their supper and left for their dorms once more, falling asleep instantly.

The next morning, the usual owl post arrived, and two owls, one was snowy white, the other obsidian black, were carrying a large long parcel. The snowy white owl dropped her package in front of Harry, the obsidian one gently placed it in front of Camellia, who caught it, so that it won't squish the food like it had at the red table. They both opened their packages, each showing a broomstick.

Harry's was gold and a reddish brown stick, with a neatly trimmed broom.

A Nimbus 2000. The Weasley's fawned over it, well all Weasley's except Ron. Camellia opened hers as well.

It was nearly identical to Harry's, but with Slytherin green and silver. The white owl returned to McGonagall, who stroked the owl amiably. The black one flew to Severus, who fed the owl some bacon before it flew away.

She grinned and jumped out of her seat. The boys followed, and they ran to the Quidditch pitch. They had free morning period, so they could stay for just over an hour. The boys grabbed some old brooms, and Camellia felt guilty. Then, an idea blossomed in her mind.

She left the idea for now, and enjoyed a small match of Quidditch with the three boys. They finished their game as second period came near, and jumped off their brooms, to get ready for Defence against the dark arts.

A week later, Flint called Camellia over for some Quidditch practice.

"Camellia. Do you know the rules for Quidditch?"

"Yup! Off by heart!"

"Good start! Well, on our team, we've got myself, who's captain and Chaser.
My pal over here, Adrian Pucey is also chaser, along with Urquhart here who's our last Chaser. Graham Montague and Cassius Warrington are the Beaters, Miles Bletchley, this big old fellow is keeper, and you, the only female team member, is seeker."
Each boy nodded respectfully when their name was mentioned, and shook her hand.

"Though just because you're a girl, doesn't mean you'll get special treatment. Now, let's see what you can do." He held up the golden snitch.

"This little thing has a spell I put on it, which tells me when you caught it. Your job is to find it after a minute of being blindfolded, to let the snitch swim a bit. Got it?"

"Alright." Camellia mounted her broom and closed her eyes. Flint let the snitch go,and it whizzed around, becoming invisible to the eyes.

"One minute's up!" Camellia opened her eyes and immediately flew up. She circled the court for a few seconds, when a flash of gold was seen in the corner of her eye. She immediately flew after it, the snitch did twirls and loops, but Camellia did the same. Her flying attracted some attention, and Oliver Wood decided to come along with Harry and the team. They had measured Harry's time the other day, and were ready to brag.

Camellia caught the snitch with ease, and gently landed on the ground.

"Let me see... 2:32! Wow! That's brilliant Camellia!"

"But Marcus..." She was interrupted by Oliver who ambled along.

"Is that all your seeker can do? Ours caught the snitch at 2 minutes and 20 seconds!" Harry smirked.

"That's where you're wrong Oliver. Marcus. Remember how I started late?" Marcus gasped and smiled.

"I bet you were too late to react or something! Besides, you can't beat my score! It's the best in the century!" Harry flaunted.

"Well, apparently I'm the fastest because my score is 1:32." Camellia stated. Oliver's eyes widened.

"How is that possible!?"

"Well, I had to close my eyes for one minute so the snitch could fly before me, and I wouldn't know where it was, but Marcus had already started his timer, and therefore I had to take away one minute to get my actual time." She explained, and the Gryffindor's jaws went slack.

"We'll win our tournament anyway!" Oliver yelled before the rest team scuttled away.

"All bark no bite." Camellia commented and the Slytherins grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"I have a feeling that this year's Quidditch will go well again."

"Me too."