Chapter Twenty-Six: Christmas Holidays

Camellia, Neville, Draco, Ron and Hermione were on the Hogwarts Express, back to home, playing games and having simple banter.

Ron also started teaching Camellia and Hermione wizard chess. This was exactly like Muggle chess except that the figures were alive, which made it a lot like directing troops in battle. Ron's set was very old and battered. Like everything else he owned, it had once belonged to someone else in his family -- in this case, his grandfather. However, old chessmen weren't a drawback at all. Ron knew them so well he never had trouble getting them to do what he wanted.

Camellia played with chessmen Draco had lent her, and they had complete trust in her, even more than they did to their real owner. Draco didn't really seem bothered. She wasn't a very good player yet and they kept shouting different bits of advice at her, which was confusing. "Don't send me there, can't you see his knight? Send him, we can afford to lose him." Though by the end of the long ride, she had managed to beat him twice.

They got off at the platform 9 and 3/4, and a few second later, Tom Riddle apparated next to them. He hugged Camellia gently, and shook the boy's hands.

''And you must be Hermione Granger. I've heard a lot about you from Camellia in her letters. Thank you for being a great friend for her!'' Hermione blushed slightly and also shook his hand. 

He slipped out his wand and floated all of their trunks, though a second later, they had all vanished. 

''Everyone hold my arm. You may feel a little queasy afterwards, but I assure you. You will be safe.'' He apparated to the Riddle manor, and as he said, the queasiness passed. 

The children raced to the East Wing Tower to Camellia's room, where there were already four extra beds at the ready. A small house elf who was preparing the beds whirled around, and jumped into Camellia's arms. 

''Camellia!''

''Bunkun!''

''Ooh Bunkun missed Camellia!!'' The head house elf cried out, her tears already falling down her cheeks. 

The rest of the day was spent with them chatting, Hermione playing chess against Neville, and Isolt running around the place. 

On Christmas Eve, they went to bed looking forward to the next day for the food and the fun. 

When she woke early in the morning, the first thing she saw was a nice pile of packages at the foot of her bed. 

She nudged the rest of them, all waking up slowly as mirth entered their eyes, noticing the presents. 

"Merry Christmas," said Draco sleepily as they scrambled out of bed and pulled on their robes.

"You, too," said the rest of them, all rummaging around, impatiently trying to rip open the presents. 

Camellia picked up the top parcel. It was wrapped in a pretty green wrapping paper with a silver ribbon. She opened the parcel up, neatly folding the paper. Inside was a simple elegant wristwatch. 

Thanks for being one of my bestest friends. Draco xxx  A small card said, and Camellia hugged him dearly. 

The second parcel was from her aunt and uncle, as well as Dudley. It was some muggle money, as well as a collar for Isolt, which changed colour when he did. She had hoped they liked her gifts which included a book full of snippets from the Daily Prophet for Uncle Vernon, a locket with a picture of her mother inside for Aunt Petunia, and a package of the wizarding sweets for Dudley.

She opened another parcel, this time it was from someone she didn't know. 

''Oh, I think that's from my nan'' Neville explained, looking at the handwriting of the letter. She opened it to find a letter filled with writing, telling her how much she appreciated her being Neville's friend. The package contained some herbology books from the Longbottom private library for higher levels.