Chapter Fourteen: Caught Flying

"Wake up Drakey! Nevvie! Ronnie! We've running late!!! On our first flying lesson!!!" Camellia shouted.

The boys jumped out of their beds, all rushing around, changing quickly, using the bathroom, combing the nests out of their hair, when Draco cast a Tempus charm, just to check how late they were, when he saw the time, and the two other boys saw Camellia, rolling in the floor, laughing.

They were up two hours earlier than usual...

"Oh my goodness! Your reactions!!!" She held her stomach, as if it would fall apart if she let go. She wheezed and coughed, her face reddening. She took deep breaths, before she was attacked by loads of hands, all attacking her most ticklish spot: her sides. She squirmed on the ground, yelling and laughing, until they all calmed down. Now they were too active, adrenaline still rushing in their veins, that they couldn't fall asleep.

"Shall we go to the Quidditch pitch? I'll explain the rules for you." Draco said and the four Slytherin's headed out. They first went to the hall, where only three or four students were present. Most were in their eldest year, revising for exams and finishing off homework.

They had some toast and fruits, and headed out to borrow broomsticks.

"Hold it between your legs like this, and softly kick the ground Camellia." Draco instructed. She did as she was told, and off she went. She flew on and on, she felt so free!

"Come on guys!!" She called, and soon the rest joined her, jovially playing with a ball they transfigured. 

Two hours quickly passed and they flew back down, and waited for the rest of the class. They were with the Gryffindors again.

"Neville, a package from your Nan. I thought I'd give it to you before they took it." Parvati said, and gave the box to him. He opened the box which held a remembrall.

"I think it's my Nan who needs a remembrall, not me. I've already got one!" He laughed, when Seamus seized it from his hand.

"Ooh! What's this? A Muggle ball for good luck perhaps?"

"It's you who's half muggle Seamus, not me. I'm pure blood remember?" Seamus grunted.

Their teacher, Madam Hooch, arrived. She had short, gray hair, and yellow eyes like a hawk.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up."

Camellia glanced down at her broom. It was old and some of the twigs stuck out at odd angles.

"Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at the front, "and say 'Up!'"

"UP" everyone shouted.

Camellia's Draco's and Ron's as well as Harry's broom jumped into their hands at once. Neville's stayed for a few seconds  when Camellia moved  over, holding his free hand as he said,

"Up!" And the broom sprung up,into his hand.

Hermione's hadn't moved at all. Perhaps brooms, like horses, could tell when you were afraid.

Seamus wouldn't admit it, but he was scared of heights. The broom didn't come to him at all, and in the end, just bent down to pick it up.

Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting their grips.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle -- three -- two--"