liar

i slip pass the doors, peeking around.i only saw the white flutters floating down "hello" i spoke out loud.

"y/n" i push the door wide for me to exit before i closed it behind me.

"jack?" i called out, slowly stepping down the stairs coated snow."jack"i called out again, i only wanted to hear his voice calling me.

"over here" i followed his voice into the dark forest, each step a soft crunch of snow underneath my feet echoed around me.i turned my head around, searching for jack, something ran pass me, catching my attention.

"over here, kitten!" it was a chase, my feet running to keep up, my speed matching the shadow.my agility was failing me, only paying attention to the shadow, i failed to notice the sticks and rocks.my hands already becoming red, with a burning sensation

"W-wait!" i called out, my foot tumbling into a spacious opening. i wiped my face with my burning hand, looking around the clearing."jack!" i yelled, as i stood on my feet.the shadow stood in front of me. black feathers floated around him "jack?" i held out my hands, reaching for him.the figure stood there, hands reached out for me.my hands clasp on it's head, the feathers floated down, uncovering his face.his pink eyes, his soft lips, his pale skin, his black hair bounced into place as the feathers lay on the snow.

"jack" i smiled, my fingers caressing his cheeks. his body heated my hands." i-i missed you" i smiled, feeling the saltwater fill my eyes" i-i thought you w-were gone!-

he smiled, his loving gentle smile "i missed you too" his hands trap my head in place.he pecked my forehead." i'm here and i will always be here for you" he smiles, showing his sharp canine teeth. i threw myself on him, my arms wrapped tightly around him, he grunts in responds "you've gotten strong" he chuckles, petting my head.i kept my face buried in his chest, tears soaking his shirt.

"t-they replaced you!i-i got a new lover, i don't want to be with him!how could i when i still love you!jack!please-" he grabbed my face before pressing his lips on mine. his soft warm lips warming up mine.i held on to him for dear life, refusing to let go, knowing he would disappear if i would."i'm sorry!" i cried, pressing my forehead on him."i shouldn't have killed you!"

"you didn't kill me, my love.my everything" he whispers, his eyes staring at me."i can never die, i wil always be a part of you no matter what, my love.i will protect you no matter what." he smiles."now, my dear.come dance with me" he smiles, grabbing both of my hands.

"h-here?but-"

"nonsense, i promised you a dance for every holiday and under a full moon.but i'm not sure if i'll see you when the moon is at it's fullest, so i shall have a dance now." he sways, swinging me around.the soft snow crunching underneath our dancing feet. never did he move his eyes away from me.it felt like a dream if this is a dream...i don't ever want to wake up. i listened to him chuckle "still having troubling with the movement, you were always stiff"

"don't laugh" i smiled, finally feeling calm.finally i was at home, in his arms.finally i felt at peace with myself.it was almost like before, when i was mortal and he was alive.

"don't think about the past my dear" he smiles, wiping my tear away.

"i-i just miss you a lot" i smile, pressing a kiss on his lips.

"of course you do, that demon can never replace the memories we had together.he will never live up to how i was, even if you do love him, you will always think of me.i may not have been a good partner, but i did truly love you.always and forever." he stops, grasping both of my hands in his.his thumb ran over the golden jew wrapped around my finger

"i won't!" i answered, annoyed he would think i would move on from him.

"he's treating you well, but you always push away his affection.he tried to rush it and propose earlier.but you refused because he wanted you to get rid of the ring i gave you"

-

i sat on my bed, glaring at the demon in front of me.he kneeled in front of me.he held a small box towards me with a ring inside."i took notice that the ring was given to you from someone else.i envy the fact you are admiring to this person." he smiles, pushing the box towards me." please would you wear something of mine instead?"

-

"yes because the way he spoke, it made me mad" i glared at jack."it's my memory of what i did to you."

"I'm still here, you see me every day" he smiles."but please hide at the funeral parlor.i don't want you to get hurt, i won't be able to protect you"

"what?" i questioned, "protect me, what is going to happen?"

"

"To you I am merely a monster and in the end that was all I ever was, i cannot make up what i did, so please" my eyes blinked, in that small time jack wasn't in my arms anymore.

"please y/n" instead of my lover in front of me, luke stood in front of me.his black messy hair untamed, his big blue eyes staring at me.

"luke?-" he smiled before wrapping himself on me.

"y/n?" i turned my head to see the familiar demon walking towards me.i turn my head back to luke, he was gone.i noticed how pale and numb my body felt, my teeth chattered in the cold.

"jack?' i mumbled, moving my head around to find him.even in the snow, there was only my footsteps.was he even here?

"y/n what are you doing here?it's cold, you'll get sick." sebastian cooed, his hands on my shoulders.there was rustling behind me but yet i didn't turn around, i felt the weight on my shoulders with warmth on me.i peeked down and saw his tailcoat on my shoulders." come, my dear, the young master retired already" he moved my guiding me back to the manor.'

"sebastian?" i whispered, my hands pulling the coat tighter around my shoulders.

"yes my love?" he answers, his eyes on me, waiting for my question.

"did you happen to see luke around?" i ask, not bothering to look at him.i kept my gaze in front of me, watching where i walked.

"you just have been seeing hallucinations, i shall prepare you a bath to warm you up" he smiles and continued our path back.hallucinations?i felt jack, i heard him, i touched him, i smelled his scent, he was warm- he was there!and luke was there too!he was in my arms, i felt his small body on mines, i heard him!is he telling me i'm going insane?what is the meaning of all this!

i pressed my fingers over my lips, remembering jack's kind words.i didn't believe in Sebastian's lies "liar" i mumbled, glaring at Sebastian's back."jack would never play me like that"