bidding goodbye

-next day

"ah goodbye dear Adrian" i wrap my arm around his shoulder pulling him in for a half-hug

"ah? you agreed?" undertaker questions, sounding a little disappointed.

i laughed at his reaction "of course...your the one who said i should" i smiled "come on luke!" i called out. i rested my head on undertaker's shoulder "but thank you for everything" i mumbled under my breath

"hm?" i could see his iconic smile growing "i didn't hear you, dearie"

i growled under my breath "i said, thank you for everything, idiot" i jab my finger on his cheek, angrily. he giggles at my short-tempered reaction. he found it very amusing.

"Miss, I'm ready!" i turn to see the kid wearing new clothing undertaker got him. his hair was combed to look neater but knowing kids, it was going to return back to its usual hairstyle. the kid even cleaned his face from food stains and drool, he cleaned up so well, you can't tell he was homeless." where are we going?" he asks, jumping up and down excitedly.

i grab my luggage and patted the kid's hair, ruffling it up "we are going to live with the nasty demon" i whispered in his ear.the boy gasped with wide eye

"but isn't he mean?" the boy questions with raised brows

"yes so you stay with me at all times" i smiled at him. i look back at Adrian "if anything happens I'm sure you'll help me" i grinned. he moved his head so his one green eye was staring at me." you always do"

"those words will be the death of you. going there will be big peril" i stared at him, he looked so sure.

"you read something about this in your book, didn't you?" he didn't speak "Adrian...if something does happen, just take care of the kid.i'm already what you would call a 'deadman'.besides, you shouldn't be looking of when i pass to...' heaven' you'll scare the kid"

"i wouldn't allow you to 'pass', not when I'm still alive.you'll pass over my dead body" i could help but giggle at his bold statement." the butler is up to no good if he does something-"

"Adrian, i won't let anything happen, i swear on my life." i held up my hand as i made the promise.

"before...you and Jack were completely different beings, which is why it didn't work out.but you and that butler..." he paused." there is a small chance now that your a little like him." i scoffed at his words.

"i think your lacking sunlight or your hair is blocking your common sense.i'll braid your hair next time" i smiled before turning to the door." there is no way.i'll fall for someone like him.i'm sure he has his own bond or--"

"ah, y/n your really clueless when it comes to supernatural beings, who knew you're clueless to love as well" i felt my face heat up by his statement.

"i chose to not learn how to! i don't plan on marrying or having kids!so yes i am clueless to love, but i won't be needing to learn!" i practically yelled at him. in response, he laughed

"but you now are raising a kid" he points at luke " or do you plan on kicking him out soon?" i could feel the kid's eyes on me, waiting for my answer.

"no, but you know what i meant" from outside i could hear the halting steps of horses and a large carriage stopping in front of the parlor, by the scents, i already knew who it was.i grabbed my luggage and walked luke to the door. " well i bid you, goodbye undertaker, make sure to bring out tea when i visit" i grinned before exiting the store

i found myself in front of the noble boy and his demon butler."good afternoon, miss y/n. are you ready?" i nodded my head

"of course, i wouldn't stand outside without being ready"

-

the carriage slowly came to a stop in front of the large manor. "where are we miss?" i look at luke

"we are going to live in a noble's manor so make sure to stay on your best behavior?" i smiled at the boy. the carriage door opens to reveal the butler. sebastian helps his master down before turning to me.i hop down from the carriage before picking up the kid.

"it's so big!" the kid smiles brightly as he stares in awe of the manor

"yes it is" i picked up luke and carried him to the front door, following behind the noble."so i have to call you young master or young lord?"

the blue-haired noble looks back at me "do you not know basic manners?" he questions.i shurg

"i don't do fancy, what about you luke? what do you think i should call him?" i ask.i boy stares at the blue male before a smile grew on his face

"one time i heard someone call their master bocchan!" luke pointed at the noble."it's a nice name, right miss?"

i chuckled at the boy's excitement" alright, bocchan. how do i start?" i look at the noble, as expected, he was annoyed by the boy's enthusiasm.

"sebastian will help you" he spoke " i am sure he will be fine, he won't be harmed near you" he forced a smile on his face as reinsurance.

"Alright but don't blame me for nothing"