Episode 16 - The Legends, Provoked

~Y/N's Perspective~

After we walked back to camp we introduce Elizabeth to Gowther and vice versa. I facilitate the interaction while Meliodas says goodbye to Cain. Elizabeth asks Gowther if he'd be willing to join our mission, and he starts babbling about how he'd met her before, how all of us have met her before. Gowther eventually agrees to joining us and Meliodas declares that we should get drunk to celebrate. King remarks that that's what would've happened anyway, and while I silently agree I go into the tavern to cook anyway. I briefly wonder if we should be concerned with wasting the product of the tavern, but since we seem to be spending more time fighting than selling lately, I brush it off.

I walk back outside after I'm done to find King and Diane conversing, Meliodas and Ban drinking, and Elizabeth and Hawk sitting by the side. I walk over to Gowther and sit next to him, laying out all the food I cooked on the table. "So, we haven't talked in a while." I remarked, handing him a plate of food. "Funny thing is, I don't think either of us has changed much."

"Yes, I'm a doll and you preserve your youth through magic." He replies, ignoring the food.

"I didn't mean our looks!" I protest. "I meant personality wise. You're still stoic and unaware of social cues, and I'm still-"

"You're still pining for the captain." Gowther says calmly.

"What? Okay, maybe that's true, but that's not my defining trait." I say angerly.

"True." He agrees, glancing our comrades, both new and old.

"That's all? Why was I ever even frinds with you?" I ask playfully.

Gowther almost looks hurt, but he answers, "I suppose that it's because of our similar powers."

I laugh and give him a side hug. "I was just joking. I love you just the way you are. "

Gowther remains silent, and we fall into an easy silence.

'This is so different from when I'm with Meliodas.' I think to myself. 'When I'm with him there's never enough time to say what I want to, much less to just sit in silence.'

Meliodas soon appears to ask Gowther about who it was exactly that knocked him out. I naturally gravitate to the side. Meliodas and I have an understanding that sometimes we have our own battles to fight and we can't intervene. That's why he never asked me about who knocked him out. Ban then interupts to bring King's scent to everyone's attention and they all begin to sniff the air around him. I sigh, feeling bad for the poor guy.

King soon starts to yell at Gowther to fix the mess he's made, and he does so by pointing out insecurities of everyone else. He tells the group that Diane lies about her weight and height in order to appear smaller than she actually is, and that Ban had used his powers to make King and Diane weaker during a battle. He also point to Elizabeth and says that she secretly wonders if I am actually a part of the Eight Deadly Sins.

Ban starts laughing at that. "Oh, she's definitely a Sin." He says. "Y/N, why don't you explain why you don't use your powers?"

I roll my eyes, but begin to explain to the confused princess. "Basically my powers are strong, but also very tiring to use. I used to be able to use my powers without feeling much of an effect, but now doing more than basic spells and healing, along with keeping my age young, is draining. I could do much more if I wanted to but I prefer to save it for big occasions." I say.

"So basically Y/N is like a grandma who could totally kick all of our butts." Ban laughs loudly.

"Grandma?" I ask angerly. "Who asked you?"