Episode 2 - The Sword of a Holy Knight

-One Month Ago-

"Hey, Y/N?" Meliodas asked as he polished come mugs. "Yeah Captain?" Y/N was lounging in a chair, finishing up her breakfast. "What would you do if I... Died?" He asked her, setting down the cup he was holding. Y/N placed her fork down and looked up at him. "Well... I guess I would save you... Why do you want to know?" Meliodas cocked his head, evidently confused. "Save me... But how would you be able to save me..." He cut off as he suddenly understood what she was implying. "You would use powers to take my death onto yourself!?" Meliodas asked, nearly slamming his hands down onto the countertop in front of him. Y/N nodded. "Yes. That's what I would do." Meliodas was outraged. "But, if you did that, you would die!" Y/N looked at him with a questioning gaze. "Yeah, I would. But it would be worth my death if you still got to live." She explained, clearly not phased about the concept of dying for her captain. "What makes you say that?" Meliodas asked, still awfully confused. "Well, you're the leader of the Eight Deadly Sins. If you died, All of Brittania would be thrown into a turmoil. I on the over hand, am completely non-significant to any country, so if I died, nothing on the size of a catastrophic level would happen."  

~Y/N's Perspective~

"So, what's this new outfit for?" Elizabeth asks hesitantly, obviously uncomfortable with the odd clothing. "It's the tavern uniform." Meliodas explains, most likely oblivious to her discomfort. "Way to put your pervy thoughts on display there, dude." Hawk says. I scoff. "Does that mean that I have to wear that monstrosity as well?" I ask, not looking forward to having to wear a skirt that  short. "Yeah, good point. If that's the tavern uniform, then why isn't Y/N wearing it?" Hawk adds to my statement. "Y/N's the cook! We don't have a official cooks uniform, so she can just wear that." Meliodas says, waving the question off, as he examines Elizabeth. I feel my eyebrow rise as I looked at him, clearly not believing him. "While I'm waiting on tables, you want me to keep track of rumors and collect information about the possible whereabouts of the Seven Deadly Sins right?" Elizabeth askes, making me frown. "It's Eight Deadly Sins..." I mumble under my breath, causing her to blush in apology. "Some intel on the Holy Knights would be okay to." Meliodas replies before lifting up the back of her skirt. She squeaks in surprise. Meliodas is rambling on about some excuse, but I'm really paying attention. Hawk quickly pulls him away, yelling at him. "Hey, Captain?" I suddenly say, wanting to ask this before it's too late. "Yes Y/N?" He says, spinning towards me. "Am I still going to be waiting on tables tonight?" I ask, wanting to confirm on my duties for tonight. "Well, now that Elizabeth's here, you shouldn't have to... So no, you can just cook tonight." He tells me. I nod in agreement, glad that I was safe from waitressing.

"Excuse me, Sir Meliodas? There's something I've been wanting to ask you." Elizabeth says. Meliodas hums, allowing her to speak. "The Eight Deadly Sins... Are you really that wicked? Are you all terrible criminals like the rest of the world says? And if you are, what awful crime did you commit?" I hold back my laughter. "My crime huh? Well..." Meliodas trails off. "Seems to me, they just don't understand what kind of person you are. After all, you made the effort to save me even though you had no idea who I was!" She says, trying to prove her point. "The truth is, ten years ago I traveled through Liones stealing every pair of panties I could get my hands on." Meliodas says seriously, making Elizabeth pale instantly and me burst into laughter. "You've got to be kidding!" She exclaims nervously. "That's right." He agrees. I laughed even harder. "Okay, what I actually did was stalk a thousand pretty girls with perfect boobs and groped them all." My laughter is uncontrollable now, and Elizabeth is practically trembling. "Groping!? That's just a joke, right?" She asks. "It is." Meliodas replies. My laughter is slowing to a stop, but I still find the situation hilarious. "Please stop messing around! Or is the truth, you committed a crime so terrible that you can't put it into words?" Elizabeth says, and I felt sorry for the poor girl. Meliodas cocks his head. "Maybe." Elizabeth looks shocked for a second before Hawk's mom suddenly comes to a stop. Elizabeth and I were both unprepared and lost our balance. Meliodas races up to Elizabeth, catching her while I fly across the Boar Hat, hitting a table. "Oof!" I shout as I feel the impact of the table in my stomach. I instantly rebound and end up on my back. "Ouch... I still will never get used to that." I say as I rub the back of my head. "Hey, we're here!" I hear Meliodas exclaim. I try to get up but I give up after I realize that the room is spinning. "Ugh..." I groan before feeling the world fade out.