Episode 9 - Dark Pulse

~Meliodas' Perspective~

I look at Y/N's sleeping form, placing her down in Diane's hand. King took care of Guila easily, but it was my Full Counter that sent us all back to Brittania. After that, we took care of Guila's physical form and headed back to the tavern. We set up camp at a local lake, and Ban got started cooking dinner. Y/N, however, is still asleep, exhausted from whatever it is those spirits did to her. Diane offered to hold her, so I obliged and am now sitting and observing my comrades.

King and Elizabeth are formally introduced, and Elizabeth compliments King, saying, "I really must say, you're one powerful individual, truly! On your own you took down an opponent that Sir Meliodas and the others had trouble with together."

"Yeah, I guess I'm pretty powerful. But any of you could of taken care of that Holy Knight if you just unleashed your true strength." King says, turning to the rest of the Sins. "Now fess up. Where are your sacred treasures?"

Diane twirls a strand of hair in her free hand, saying, "I lost mine."

I raise my hand and cheerfully say, "Sold mine!"

"Mine got stolen." Ban says, following my example.

"Shame on you." King says, clearly upset by our lack of responsibility.

-Time Skip-

"The New Generation? What's that?" I ask King, who's telling us all that he learned about our enemies while working with them.

"Apparently there's been a few failed apprentices who have found a way to gain the full powers of a Holy Knight in the space of only one day." King explains. "Guila, for instance. She's the latest apprentice who's grown stronger overnight. Doesn't really seem right, does it?"

"She was?" I question.

"Let's back up a minute, King says angrily. "You took the Sacred Treasure that was bestowed upon you by King Liones himself, and SOLD IT!?"

"I needed seed money for the tavern." I explain.

"YOURS WAS STOLEN!?" King yells at Ban.

"When they threw my butt into that prison." Ban drunkenly says. King grumbles and turns to Diane, who's hiding behind one of her pigtails.

"Am I a bad girl?" Diane asks miserably.

"If it got misplaced, then it's not your fault." King reassures her.

"Hey, I don't understand why you're getting so upset, King. These guys do pretty well with what they've got." Hawk says.

"Sir Pig." King says while turning to face him.

"Uh, Sir Pig?" Hawk questions.

"Now let's say that this lake represents all the magical power used by one of the Sins. How much water could you scoop out using just your hands?" King continues, ignoring Hawk's confusion. 

"Hands?" Hawks repeats, examining his hoofs.

"That's right. No matter how much magic there is, you're pretty limited by them. But, if you have a weapon, especially a Sacred Treasure, you can draw out incredible amounts of magic." King concludes, puling water out of the lake with his magic.

"Sacred Treasures are pretty awesome." I tell Hawk.

"That makes a lot of sense." Hawk says. "Why did you give yours up, hamhead!?" Hawk yells, shaking me back and forth.

"I told you, I needed money for the tavern." I say.

"What about Y/N's, then?" Hawk asks. "Did you sell hers, too?"