Adam shot him a dark look and he cleared his throat. "Right. I'll take Miss Sunny to her bed."

"Take the boys as well," Adam instructed. "I need to speak with Miss Dae."

"Go easy on her boss," Noah warned as he easily carried the three children out of the room.

Adam stood in the doorway for a moment, watching her sleep. Her long, dark hair was a tangled mess across the pillow and she was drooling a bit. He crossed the room and sat on the edge of the bed, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Rain?"

She let out a soft snore but didn't wake up.

"Rain?" He shook her a little harder. "Rain!"

She sat bolt upright, bumping heads with Adam. "Ouch! What the fuck!?" She rubbed at the bump that was surely forming on her head. When she realized who she had collided with, a scowl formed on her face. "So you're back."

"I am." He too was rubbing his forehead. "Care to take a walk with me?"

"Why should I go anywhere with you after what you did?"

"Perhaps because I am your boss and I just walked in on you breaking about ten of my rules."

Her eyes narrowed angrily. "Fine. But only because I have a bone to pick with you." She threw back the covers and slid her feet into her house shoes.

"What does this expression mean? Bone to pick?"

"You'll see in a minute," she muttered angrily. "Where are we going?"

"To the gardens of course."

"I don't have outside shoes with me."

"We'll get you some," he replied gesturing to Noah as he reappeared.

"No! I'm not going to make a grown man play fetch for my belongings. Besides, Noah, I'm mad at you too."

"Me?!" He exclaimed in surprise. "What did I do?"

"You know what you did. Get out of here."

Noah glanced at Adam for confirmation before leaving the nursery. Rain started to pick up some of the toys that littered the floor from their earlier activities.

"Rain, I'm trying to talk to you."

"Then talk to me. I can multitask."

Adam pinched the bridge of his nose. "I understand that you're upset, but can we please sit down and discuss this like two rational adults?"

Rain slammed the toys into the toybox and turned to face him with her arms folded across her chest. "Fine. Let's sit."

"Not here," he hissed, gesturing toward the room where the children were sleeping.

"Whatever," she said rolling her eyes. "But not in the gardens either. Perhaps your office will do?"

Adam walked ahead of Rain, confused as to why she was angry. She was the one who had broken the rules. She was the one who couldn't handle her liquor and acted out. She was the one who had rejected him.

Rain followed him into his office, slamming the door behind her. "What do you want to talk about?" she questioned, folding her arms angrily across her chest. "Could it be how you up and disappeared without a word to anyone? Huh? Or maybe how you were gone for two weeks without and didn't contact your sons once?"

"You should stop talking, Rain. Remember that you work for me," Adam said coldly.

"How could anyone forget?!" she shouted irately. "I have held my tongue for long enough. Your sons need you, Adam!"