Chapter 53: Finished

Start from the beginning

"Denisse, what are you doing?" I asked her as she inched toward me even more. 

"I want to kiss you." She said like it's not a crime to do this to a guy who has a gorgeous girlfriend. 

"Stop, Denisse." I said quietly, as I pushed her. She was literally inches from me. 

"Harry!" For a minute there, I thought it was Denisse, but she didn't even open her mouth and it wasn't her voice. Surely it wasn't me too. 

I looked around. Busted. "Jesse?"

"Nice." She said in her annoyed tone. 

"It's not what it looks like Jesse." 

"Oh really?" She mocked. "Then what does this mean Harry? I thought Garrett was the one you were gonna go to, not Denisse. Please enlighten me."

"I only said that b-because.." I stuttered. I needed to choose my words carefully.

"Because what? You ditched me now the way you ditched me the other day on our monthsary. We're you even really asleep that day?" She shouted, she was really angry.

"Oh god," Denisse started looking at me, "You didn't tell me it was your monthsary the other day, I shouldn't have invited you over." She said, pretending to be sorry but I know she was only doing it to get cross with Jesse.

"Oh so you were with her, huh?" Jesse laughed patethically. "Should've known." This time she turned back and started walking away. I quickly stood up but Denisse grabbed hold of my arm again. 

"Harry," Denisse whispered, "Don't leave me."

I pulled my arm away from her touch. "You did those on purpose Denisse. I should've known you came back to break me and Jesse up. You haven't changed a bit." I got the last say in the conversation, I didn't let her reply. I just ran and followed Jesse.

"Jesse," I called, "Jesse, please, let me explain."

She turned around madly, "Explain what Harry? You're so heartless. You don't even know that what you're doing is hurting the hell out of me. Did you know I was getting this threatening text from an unknown number? Do you remember that time you hit a tree because of a reckless driver? That was no accident, Harry. Someone did that on purpose. That night, someone texted me that something bad's gonna happen. And then I think what happend in my house was no accident to." Her voice was croaking, like she wants to cry. I know she's about to, but she's tyring to stay strong.

"Why.. why didn't you tell me, Jess?" 

"I tried to, Harry!! I did. But you wouldn't even listen!! All you do is text Denisse or go out with her. And to be completely honest with you, I think it was Denisse who was sending me those texts."

"What? Are you sure? Jesse, I know Denisse is not a very nice person, but I'm sure she wouldn't bring it to that level."

"So you're defending her now too, huh?" She rolled her eyes. "Why don't you marry her too?" She said and turned back again to walk away.

"Jesse, hold up." I said as I spun her by the arm. 

"You know what Harry, you're so cold-hearted. You don't notice that you hurt me, the lads know see it but you don't. You're so oblivious. I can't believe you have to lie to me." 

"I wanted to tell you the truth.. Jesse, but you might not understand. You might get it the wrong way."

"Don't you trust me Harry?" She asked, tears filling her eyes.

"I do, Jesse, it's just.."

"No, Harry! You don't trust me. If you did, then you won't lie to me, especially about this. We're over." Her voice trailed off...

"Jesse, no. You don't mean that. I love you, Jesse. We can work this relationship out." My voice was croaking now too. 

"What's a relationship without trust? I don't think I can trust you anymore. I'm not gonna let you hurt me anymore." She walked away again. 

Before she can secure a 5 feet gap between us, I said, "I'm sorry, Jesse. I didn't know I was hurting you. You didn't tell me."

Then she said, without looking back, "Just because I don't say anything doesn't mean I don't feel anything." 

I catched up with her, and stood infront of her. "Jesse, please don't do this. Don't break up with me. I'm so sorry."

"I've had enough of your sorry's Harry. I'm sick of it. I'm sorry too. We're finished." She cried.

And with that I let her walk away from me. I let the love of my life walk away. I fell to the ground on my knees and started sobbing. 

-----------------------------------------------

Short. Sorry. Unedited. Comment. Vote. Love. You. Homies. Xx.