Chapter nine

The weeks passed by just like that. Training, eating, training, sleeping... When Alec woke up Friday morning, he realized he almost completed his first month. "You are awake?", Magnus asked. "Yeah." Alec got to the bathroom and took a shower. His body changed because of the training and the diet. It got easier to do the lifts. But it was really exhausting. Often, he came to his room, talked to Magnus and got to his bed. Same with Magnus. Sometimes, Alec was really sad after training. Valentine wasn't sensible at all. He always told Alec he wasn't good enough, same did Jonathan, Sebastian and Aline. It wore him out. Simon and Raphael were really kind, but that didn't help much. What really helped was talking to Magnus. He felt a certain urge to tell Magnus everything. And so he did. It was weird, but the only way for him to deal with all his fears and emotions. He felt attracted to Magnus, but he wasn't sure in what way. When Magnus touched him, his whole body tickled. When Magnus hugged Alec, he didn't want to let go of him. Magnus smelled good, he sounded good, he felt good. Actually, he looked good, too. And Alec was sure he'd taste good. Alec shook his head- those were not the thoughts he needed to be concentrated at training. Still, part of his brain was still thinking about Magnus. His smile, his eyes... Annoyed, Alec turned off the shower and put a towel around his hips to blow-dry his hair. Suddenly, Magnus opened the door- he didn't wear a shirt. Alec's heart began to bet a little faster. Well, actually it started beating a lot faster. To be honest, he even thought it might stop beating at all. "Hey, I just wanted to see how you're doing- hurry, we'll be late.", Magnus said. Alec nodded, but Magnus didn't move. Instead, he came in and looked down on Alec:" Damn, your body is amazing, Jesus Christ!" All his blood seemed to sweep into Alec's face. He turned completely red. "Thank you.", he answered insecurely," you look good, too." And Magnus did. Of course, he started training so he was in better shape than he was as Alec saw him the first time. Then Magnus turned around to grab his hair gel:" Should we just skip breakfast?", he asked, but Alec didn't answer. Magnus' back was almost entirely taped. Also, there were some bruises and scars. As Alec still didn't say a word, Magnus turned back around and saw Alec's face expression. After an awkward second of silence, he must have understood what has shocked Alec so much:" That's normal.", he explained" almost everyone is taped somewhere. Dancing is hard, as you know. And we don't want injuries, so as soon something starts to hurt, we tape it." But that was only partly what Alec was curious about:" Those bruises and scars..." Magnus shrugged:" Sometimes lifts go wrong and the girl you are carrying looses he balance, you fall down with her and get stabbed by her pointe shoe. Might happen. Does happen, as you see." "You don't get scars because of that, do you?" "No, the scars are the only thing on my body that don't have to do anything with dancing. I had depressions, once..." "And you did self-harm?" "Yes. I did cut myself." "On your back?" "Yes. There, no one will see it that easily." Alec nodded. He didn't know how to react. Magnus smiled:" Take it easy, Alexander. I'm over it. Never mind." "I am so sorry." "Hey- don't. I hate it when people feel sorry for what happened instead of being grateful of what happened afterwards." "And what was it?" "Well, as you see, they are old scars. And, surprise, there are no new ones." "You were able to stop self-harm?" "Dancing. It helped me out of it, same as it helped you out of your problems." "Whoa. Why are morning conversations we have turn out to be that deep?" Magnus grinned:" I don't know. Everyone has his way of dealing with his own problems." Alec nodded. "Gosh, now we have no other choice but to skip breakfast." Alec laughed:" I wasn't hungry anyways." The boys dressed themselves and got down to training. Camille already waited for Magnus. He rolled his eyes and went after her. Alec suppressed a laugh. But his long mood wasn't for long. "Oh, hi. Finally, we are complete.", Valentine said and shot a warning gaze in his direction. Alec looked at the clock:" I am sorry for the inconvenience, mister Morgenstern, but I would still have ten minutes to go and wouldn't be late." "It doesn't matter when lesson starts, it just matters when everyone is here." "I am sorry.", Alec answered again. It didn't make any sense to argue with his coach- he didn't even have a spark of a chance against. "You better be.", Jonathan whispered through his teeth. Alec tried to ignore him. Everyone got to the bar and they did a warm up:" Okay, people, let's do a combination of jetes and grands battements. Come on!", Valentine commanded. The music began to play- it was really hard to complete the movements fast and accurate. "Body posture, everybody!", he commanded," Especially you, Alec. You look like a cripple." Alec took a deep breath and concentrated. He straightened his back, tightened his abs and stretched his leg. Still, his best wasn't good enough for Valentine. Obviously. He heard Jonathan giggle. Alec looked over to the other boy: He was good, but not necessarily better than Alec. "Concentrate! We are not done yet!" The day moved on like this. He felt his feet cramping. Still, he moved on. When lesson was finally finished, he sighed and started stretching. "Are you okay?", Simon asked. "I'm fine. Just a little cramp." Raphael nodded:" I had a bad one, too. I have some Magnesium with me, you want some?" Alec nodded:" Sure, Thank you." He took the pill. Some minutes later, the cramp got better. Alec sighed in relief:" That helped. Thank's."