Pursing my lips, I shrug and look down at the ceramic cup, that has a bit of a beige glint in the light hanging over us. "I want to do it myself," I admit, refusing to face him and continuing to look at my cup of coffee. "I want her to know how much I care for her."

I clear my throat loudly, sitting up and still looking at my cup. If this wasn't a serious moment, I'm sure Harry would be laughing on the floor at my cheesiness. "There are other ways you can show her you care for her, you don't have to do this," He says quietly, and just as awkwardly as I spoke a minute before.

I snort, shaking my head as I finally look up at him. "Look, I'm probably not gonna be able to afford expensive jewelry, or-or designer dresses or any of that junk for another ten years. If she still has any doubts or trust issues, this is the perfect way to end that shit."

Harry nods firmly, being the one to look down at his cup now. "Just remember, if you get yourself in the hospital because you wanted to play Superman, you tell her it was your decision and that I couldn't stop you. I need my limbs."

I chuckle as Harry takes a loud sip of his coffee, running my hands through my hair. "Ugh, okay, we got that settled, I just need to ask someone to be my partner. It is a strip club, so that's gonna be easy."

"Pick someone who's met her," Harry offers, "Have you introduced her to any of your friends?"

"Yeah, one, but luckily he's my best friend, so that's settled too."

He nods again, with a small sigh. "Now we just... have to pick a night. This week?"

Gulping unnoticeably, I nod Harry's way. This is going to happen in three to five days. Oh boy. "You can pick a day."

"Saturday?" I suggest, earning a shrug from him. I shrug too, settling for Saturday.

"Okay. I'll be at my place, just... praying that you make it out alive," He says, barely containing his humorous smile as he speaks. It takes me a second to remember that he's banned from the club his sister works at, so that's why he can't be there. That's also why I need Seth to call the police instead of him, yes, it all makes sense now.

"Call me if you're conscious after the whole thing, alright?"

"You're not funny, Harry."

"Yeah, I get told that a lot."

I chuckle as I sit back in my seat and watch him, his face carefree and his body slightly shaking since he's kicking his legs under the table. I should know, he's kicked me in the bad knee several times. I swear there's no way he's only a few months younger than me, other eighteen year olds must look at him like he belongs in childcare.

"Ooh, they're playing Kodaline," He chirps in a high-pitched voice, looking up at the ceiling as he kicks his legs harder, kicking me in the process. Harder than the other seventeen times he'd done it.

"God dammit Harry," I growl through gritted teeth as I reach for my knee, earning an apologetic but grinning face from him. "I'm gonna fucking kill you if you do it again."

"Mhm, if you don't get killed first," He mumbles against the edge of his cup, wiggling his eyebrows at me as I shake my head at him. Nope, no way he's five months younger than me. He's a fucking eight year old in a giant teenager's body.

*******

The white wooden door swings open, and I take a few seconds before looking up from my sneakers at the lovely face in front of me. The way her face changes from startled to confused to happy makes me smile. I only pull my hands out of my pockets when she takes two large steps forward, to wrap her warm arms around my significantly colder body.