Chapter 48

After feeling around for an entire minute, I accept the fact that that I'm alone in the bed; I sit up with a sigh, for a while just trying to properly wake up and wondering if the sun would blind me if I opened my eyes, before actually opening them. Well, it's sunny outside. That's good to know, because it's probably three degrees in reality.

I shake my head and clumsily get out of bed, not being able to find my clothes - mainly my boxers - for another whole minute. When I find them, along with my shirt, I decide it's best I go to the bathroom and try to do something about my appearance. I mean, I did leave a good impression on the whole family last night, but I don't wanna stop now. Nice breath and tamed hair will probably help me there.

I walk into Freya's little bathroom, for a moment just looking around; she has her own bathtub, that's nice. I might take advantage of that. And her own washing machine? Actually, this one looks like it hasn't been used in years. They probably got a new one and put this one here, since the bathroom is quite large either way.

However, it's the small two items that are on top of the machine that draw my attention; one is a box, and the other one is a stick- okay, well, I definitely know what the stick is for. Though I still have to take the little box in my hands to figure out what it is. Plan B. It looks like they're pills. And when I check inside, yeah, they're definitely pills. I just wonder what they're f- oh. Oh. Alright. If they were put next to the stick, then it's pretty obvious what they're for.

With a frown on my face I leave the box back in its place, turning toward the sink and the mirror above it, like I originally planned. I give myself the freedom to open the mirror, and scan the objects that are inside the cabinet; until I find what I've subconsciously been looking for. An unused toothbrush. And toothpaste. And a couple of bath bombs shaped as a cupcake and planet Saturn, but I'll get to that later.

I take the green toothbrush out, along with the toothpaste, and check its package- nope, never been opened. I hope she doesn't get angry about this, I mean, she had to know there'd be consequences from my unexpected stay at her mom's house. One of them being me wanting to take care of my oral hygiene.

A minute into washing my teeth, I stop moving the toothbrush upon hearing a noise; I continue brushing my teeth but this time I keep an eye on Freya's room, since I hadn't even closed the door. I stop moving the toothbrush yet again when she comes into my sight, looking at me surprised, confused, and a little amused. Though I'm sure I'm the more surprised one, as she's wearing nothing but a towel around herself, her hair evidently damp, and her skin also not completely dry. She clearly had a shower. Now my only question is, where did she have this shower?

She walks inside the bathroom, sitting up on her washing machine, not saying a word. I turn back to the sink, meeting her eyes in the mirror but having to look away first, to spit out the toothpaste. When I look up again, she's still looking at me. After the second time I spit the toothpaste out, yeah, her eyes are still on me. After the third time too. After I rinse too. After I put the toothbrush back in the package and return both items to the cabinet and turn around to look at her too.

"Do you have a thing for looking at people brushing their teeth?" I speak up, drying my hands on my unbuttoned shirt and leaning against the sink behind me.

"No," She says flatly, almost snorting at my question as she walks over to me. "I just find everything you do attractive."

"Aw, look at you, being cheesy and everything," I say in a tone purposefully a pitch higher than my normal voice, as I put both hands on her face and squeeze it a little. "You're the cutest little thing."

"I know, thank you," She mumbles, standing up on the tips of her toes to kiss my nose, and then my lips too. For a few seconds I can't kiss her back, due to laughing at her actions, but then I put my arms around her shoulders and pull her closer to me, partly hoping she'd lose the towel. My hope goes out the window when she presses her body tightly against mine, using me to keep her towel in place. I return my hands to her shoulders, slowly pushing her backwards until I back her up against the washing machine, and place my hands on top of it behind her.