Chapter 15

≡ U N E D I T E D ≡

"Shit, I'm not hallucinating."

I ignore my best friend and take a few steps forward, to greet the girl dressed in all black – what a shock. "Hi," I say quietly as I outstretch my arms, having her wrap hers around my waist with a smile. "Did you have a nice ride?"

I'm still not really sure why she insisted to take a cab to the frat house, instead of me picking her up; could be just a girl thing. "Yeah, it was great. The car was warm and the driver didn't talk to me at all," She says, a genuinely satisfied smile on her face. This is, if not the first, then definitely one of the first things about her that I can relate to.

With a nod, I turn to Seth, who still has a puzzled look on his face. After all, he was expecting a 'short, chubby blonde that giggles at everything you say'. He basically described Leanne. Minus the chubby part. "This is my, unfortunately, best friend, Seth."

"Which means that I'm the unfortunate one for having him as a best friend, of course," He babbles, – I love nervous Seth – not even looking at me. I decide to ignore him, again, and smile as Angel offers him a hand, though he refuses it with a shake of his head and a smile on his face.

"Please," He chuckles, extending his arms too. "Any girlfriend of Niall's is a girlfriend of mine." And he's back.

He pulls her in a hug, and she awkwardly just puts her hands on his sides for a few seconds. Standing next to them, I don't know whether to laugh or pat Seth on the back once he's done hugging her.

"Wow, you won't even hug me back. She's a keeper," He tells me, and gives Angel a tight nod when he pulls away, furrowing his eyebrows soon after.

"Do I know you?" He says quickly, frowning harder while looking at her. I frown as well, as Angel takes a few seconds before shaking her head no. "'Cause I swear I've seen you somewhere."

I close my eyes at his last statement, an amused smile spreading across my face because I'm pretty sure I know exactly where he 'knows her' from. While both of them are, on the other side, confused by each other.

"I don't think we've met before, I'm sorry," Angel says, though when I look at her, I can't help noticing that she's fighting a smile too. So the only oblivious one here is Seth.

"I dunno, like I'm trying to remember if you just remind me of someone or- oh, wait. Oh. Oh." He stops in the middle of his first sentence, widening his eyes as realization washes over his face – he's most likely remembered where he knows her from – and then turns to me. "Okay. Alright, Niall?"

His lips form a grin as he takes a few steps toward me. "You the man!" He shouts happily and takes my face in his hands, kissing both of my cheeks before giving me another bright grin, and then walking away – jogging off to the frat house. "Wait 'til I tell the guys!" He yells before running up the short flight of stairs and disappearing from my sight.

I turn to Angel, who has a puzzled look on her face, much like Seth's earlier expression. "He's half Italian," I shrug, "And apparently, they're very physical with people. So he does that all the time, whenever something good happens. That's his excuse. If you were wondering."

She smiles as I stumble over my words, and takes a couple steps toward me. "That'll do it," She says quietly and places a kiss on my lips this time, surprising me a little. Like nothing just happened, and that lunatic wasn't with us. "Can we go inside?"

The kiss ended a lot sooner than I would've wanted it to, leaving me no time to compose myself. "Erm, okay. We're having a bonfire sort of thing, just so you know."