stressed

You sat back against the bed and leaned your head on the wall, using your phone to look up some statistics for your job. You had an incredibly painful headache that had been going on for the past few hours. It made you almost feel nauseous with pain at times.
You were beyond the point of exhausted, not having slept for more than 45 minutes in the past 24 hours. You were busy with things for your YouTube channel and things for your other job. You had some papers spread out across your legs and a pen so you could write things down.
Colby walked in and turned on the tv. He sat down on the edge of the bed while he flipped through the channels for a few minutes.
After he found a movie to watch, he sat next to you and kissed your cheek.
"Whatcha doin?"
"Just sitting here on my phone."
"All alone?"
You nod slightly, focusing on several notifications that just popped up. You read a couple and see that they're some very horrible hate comments. People were typing out whole paragraphs in the comment section of your posts on Instagram and Twitter. Things like "Colby could've done so much better" or "just kill yourself honestly" or "this video fucking sucked".
You dropped your phone down on the bed, feeling tears sting at your eyes. These were nowhere near close to the first hate comments and definitely not going to be the last. It was an endless cycle of hate that was directed at you. It made you feel hopeless and ugly. It made you think you didn't deserve Colby and that you were letting him and your fans down. It hurt.
There's a couple seconds of silence as he looks at you.
"Everyone's downstairs though. How come you don't want to hang out with anyone anymore?"
"I don't know," you say in a quiet voice, looking down. "I don't fucking know."
You scrunched your nose to keep from crying and sighed, picking up your phone again to continue working.
He first walks his fingers down your thigh as he tries to make you smile. It tickles a little but you just move his hand away.
He pokes your phone, making you almost drop it. You shove his hand away, feeling like you were going to snap at any second. You were tired, mad, and stressed and you had so much to do. Him trying to get your attention was not helping.
"Y/NNNN..." he whines, moving closer to you and pouting as he tries to hold your hand.
"What the fuck do you want?! Just stop okay? I can't deal with this right now!"
Your sudden attack leaves him looking hurt and surprised. His bottom lip quivers a little bit as he looks at you. He sits back against the headboard and looks at the tv again.
"Sorry... I-I didn't mean to make you mad."
You instantly feel bad for snapping at him. You know it wasn't his fault that all of this was happening to you. He just wanted to help.
You wait a couple seconds, choosing your words carefully as you cooled down.
"Listen, it wasn't your fault Colbs, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you."
He looks at you, a slightly sad and hurt expression on his face. You had never went off on him like that before. It made you feel really bad.
You frown a little before clearing the papers off your legs. You put your phone down and set the pen on the pile of papers.
You lay down and prop your head up with a pillow and then spread your arms, inviting him to cuddle with you as an apology.
He gives a cute little smile and lays down between your legs. He wraps his arms around your waist and puts his head on your stomach.
"I've just been really stressed and tired and it all kind of built up I guess. I'm sorry for that."
"It's okay, I get it. You've been working really hard lately and I know it's tough for you right now."
You nod and go silent for a bit as you look at the tv.
"I've...been seeing some of the hate you're getting and I just wanted to tell you that no matter what they say to you I want you to know that it isn't true. You're beautiful and smart and funny and sweet and most importantly, you're mine and I'm proud of it. I'm sorry that they're being assholes to you and trying to rip you apart and make you feel bad. I wish I could help because it hurts me more than anything to see you read these comments and cry when you think I'm not looking."
His voice cracks a little bit as he thinks about how many times he's seen you doing just that, holding your phone and scrolling through the comments slowly as tears run down your face. He hugs you a little tighter.
"Awww Colby it's okay, don't worry baby." You put your arms around him and start to calmly run your fingers through his hair to soothe him.
"I know I'm not doing so good right now but I'll be alright when everything's taken care of."
"Promise you'll tell me when something's wrong from now on?"
"Promise."
"Promise you'll take breaks and try to sleep more?"
You laugh.
"Promise."
"Good."
He goes quiet after that and falls asleep soon thereafter. He looks adorable laying there, cuddled up to you and holding you tight. His fluffy brown hair is flopped over his eyes in the cutest way and he looks so comfy.
You continue to play with his hair until you end up falling asleep as well.

kinda pretty cute I guess

i didn't have much motivation for this one lol idk where I was going with it but whateva

anyway, keep sending requests if you want to and imma try to brainstorm some new stories I could write lmao

gracie xx