it's your birthday

You wake up to slanted rays of morning sunshine filtering in through the blinds of Colby's room. You blink slowly and pull the comforter up more. It was always oddly cold in his room no matter what time of day it was.
Colby stirs beside you and stretches. He moves closer and wraps his arms around you.
You turn over and snuggle into his bare chest. He kisses your forehead.
"Happy birthday baby," he whispers in his cute morning voice. You smile and hug him tighter.
You had almost forgot that it was your birthday because everyone usually didn't remember it or just didn't care, so you really don't bother with being excited about it.
You kiss him and get up to start your day. You go pick out some clothes from your side of the closet (and sneak a hoodie from Colby's side as well) and grab your makeup bag.

     You put on deodorant and then the perfume that Colby seems to really love

You put on deodorant and then the perfume that Colby seems to really love. After that you brush your teeth, wash your face, and start to put on your makeup.
You're just starting on your eyeshadow when Colby walks in, already dressed. He was wearing his black jeans and a blue Take Chances hoodie. He stops and sits on the counter so he can watch you do your makeup. He's always been fascinated by it and he loves to sit with you while you do it.
"Are you almost readyyyy?" he whines, leaning back against the mirror.
"Yeah, I just have a little bit more to do."
He plays on his phone while he waits.
You do your eyeliner and then end with your mascara. To finish it off, you add some lip gloss.