Special Sauce

Rose POV

Ruby:You always have a way with people you know that?

Me:*mutters* So I've been told.

Ruby:It's not a good or bad thing it just keeps you on your toes.

Me: I guess... How's my babies doing?

Ruby:They're good. Sara getting more to her old self.

Me:That's great...

Ruby:So when are you having your own babies?

Me:When I don't have to have a bullet proof vest for my kid.

Ruby:Well shouldn't you be doing something about that now? Your not getting any younger.

Me:Yea I know that's why I have.

Ruby:I'm sorry what?

Me:I have... I'm more like the aunt or God mom of the gangs they come to me for things on no bull.

Ruby:What about Rio? I'm sure he has people who aren't so cool with him.

Me:Honestly it's not like the movies... If they got beef with him it has nothing to do with me if I already knew them.

Ruby:Hm.

Me:Rather you know it or not I honestly want a baby but I'm scared.

Ruby:Every parent is. But I know you're ready seeing as you can take care of a gang, go hours on end without sleep, girl your already a parent.

Me:*sighs* I'll see. But it's not in the near future probably not even in this decade... I gotta go I got a meeting to go to. Love you be safe alright? Call me if you need me.

Ruby:Alright be safe love you.

I get up and grab my coat putting it on and I get into my car and head to my loft.

Me:Another day another Dollar.

Later into That Night …

Ruby POV …

Me and the girls sit on the couch well Rose is laying upside down on the lazy boy sleep a piece of watermelon on her fork in her hand,we laugh at her.

Beth:She amazes me.

Annie:Well more like scares for me.

Me:You aren't the only one.

Beth:Do you think she's a conscious sleeper?

Me:She is... She'll remember us talking about this. She even responds sometimes. But she's a normal sleeper it takes something to fall hard to wake her up.

Beth:She still falls asleep anywhere huh?

Annie:Something I dream to achieving.

Me:I mean if she trusts those around her she will. I remember one time we went to a hotel party and she did not sleep the whole three nights because she barely knew anyone there. She only slept when she was the only one in the room with the lock on the door.

Annie:See scary.

I laugh and look over at my baby sister seeing her look so relaxed and calm, looking like the young, vibrant 27 year old she is. Man time goes by quick.

Soon Beth gets up talking about showing us something. But once she leaves out there is a knock on the door. Annie gets up answering it and I hear her gasp. I turn around and see Rio and his men walking inside with a gun pointed at us. We stand up as we hear Beth ask us to be honest about whatever I just watch the gun pointed at me. I look over at Rose and see that she dropped the fork and is knocked out. Rio looks at her and laughs walking to her laying her normally on the couch kissing her forehead.