Chapter 42

Excuse any mistakes. ^-^

"Dagur," Hiccup says. "Just let her go."

"No," he says. His voice is loud in your ear.

Hiccup shakes his head at you and you whisper, "sorry." His eyes fill with tears. Astrid and Snotlout draw their weapons, and Dagur presses the knife deeper into your side, breaking the skin. You cry out in pain and Hiccup takes a step forward.

"Dagur, stop!" He shouts. Dagur laughs and presses the blade deeper again. You gasp and close your eyes. "Dagur," Hiccup pleads. "I'll do anything."

Dagur stays silent for a minute. "Hmmm," he lifts the knife from your side and you take a deep breath. "Would you... give up your dragons?" He asks. You open your eyes at Hiccup, giving him a look that says, 'don't do it'. He doesn't look at you, and stays silent for a minute. "Didn't think so."

Dagur brings the knife out beside you and then buries it in your side. You cry out and go limp in Dagur's arms. He drops you and takes off. Hiccup's shouts echo in your ears.

"Astrid, Snotlout go after him!" He says. He runs to you. "Ruff, Tuff, go get my Dad and Gobber! Fishlegs, go get Gothi!" He flips you on your back and his hands brush down your side, looking at the knife buried in you. "No, no no no."

"Hiccup," you whisper. Weakly, you take his hand and he squeezes it gently. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry," he says. "We can fix this. It's all okay." You can hear the strain in his voice.

Your eyes find his, and you give him a small smile. He brushes the hair off your forehead and leans down to kiss you. Footsteps echo through the quiet night.

Ruff and Tuff run out, screaming for Stoick to keep up. They don't sound excited, they sound panicked. "What in the name of Odin is it?!" Stoick booms.

"Dad!" Hiccup shouts. "Dad help!" He leans down in your ear. "You'll be okay, I promise."

"Hiccup?" Stoick asks as he comes into view. "By Thor..." He whispers when he sees you laying on the grass, a small pool of blood around you. "What happened?"

"Dagur," Hiccup says behind clenched teeth. "He attacked her."

Stoick shakes his head and curses up at the sky. "Where's Gothi?!" He asks.

"Right here!" Fishlegs gasps. "She's... right here." You turn your head to see Gothi slowly walking towards you, a few Terrible Terrors strolling behind. Hiccup moves to beside you so Gothi can look at your wound. Her small hands press around your side for a moment, her eyes concentrated on the blade.

She looks up at Stoick and shakes her head. You look up at Hiccup. You knew deep inside that this couldn't be fixed. Hiccup's eyes are on yours, tears dripping down his cheeks. "No," he whispers.

"Hiccup," you choke out. "I'm sorry." He shakes his head and sobs, his head dropping to your shoulder. You reach up and push his hair back. "I'm sorry."

"No, no ___. I'm sorry," he whispers, lifting his head. He touches your cheek and shakes his head. "I should've been here."

"I love you," you whisper. He kisses you over and over again.

"I love you too," he whispers before kissing you one last time. He presses his forehead to yours and strokes your hair. "So much."

"P-please don't forget me," you manage to get out. You feel so weak. Your eyes begin to close.

"I-I won't, ___," he whispers. He lifts his head and looks at your closing eyes. "No!" He shouts. "No, you can't leave me!" Your eyes close and you take a deep breath. "No, please. Please don't. I-I love you, I love you so much."

You whisper one last time, "I'm sorry."

"I won't forget you," he says. "I love you more than anything. Don't forget me, okay?"

You nod. I'm sorry, Hiccup. I should've listened. You say in your head what you wish you could say now. I'm sorry. I love you. I didn't want to leave you. Your thoughts begin to get cloudy. This isn't as bad. Dying doesn't hurt as bad as I've heard. Not as bad-

Even though it seems like this story is over, it's not so don't freak out. I've written a few more chapters somehow. You'll enjoy them I'm sure. If you hate me because of this, well, I'm sorry. Just remember that I love you all, okay? ^-^