Chapter 27

Most of this chapter is in Hiccup's POV. I found it easier to write that way. Enjoy & excuse any mistakes. c: ♥

**Hiccup's POV**

After about an hour long trip, we land on Berk. A majority of the population is gathered around the Great Hall. Dad stands in front of the doors, talking to them. Gobber sees us land and elbows him. I see relief on Dad's face as he looks at me. He pushes through the crowd, who look at us eagerly.

"Hiccup!" He says.

"Hey, Dad." I say, unlatching myself from Toothless.

"Where was she?" He asks, reaching his arms out. I set ___ in his arms and jump off of Toothless, removing his saddle. He yawns and takes the saddle in his mouth.

"You can go home, Bud. Get some sleep." I pet him and he slowly makes his way back home. I turn back to Dad. "Well, (d/n) found an island and led us to her."

"I tried to find you-"

"We tried to find you too." I shrug. "It was fine."

"Well, what happened?" He asks eagerly.

I take __ from him. "I'll... tell you later. I'm going to take her home." Dad nods and turns around, ordering everyone to go home or to the Great Hall for dinner. I decide to just take her to my house.

Once there, I take her upstairs. I lay her on my bed and cover her up with a thick blanket. She is still holding a sleeping (d/n) tightly in her arms.

Downstairs, I start a fire in the fireplace and make dinner for me here, since I don't want to leave ___ here alone.

I sit at the kitchen table and work on my flight suit as chicken roasts over the fire. After a few minutes it's finished, and I eat my portion of bread and chicken. I take a plate upstairs to ___, in case she's hungry.

When I step into the room, her eyes open. "Hiccup." She croaks.

I smile and drag a chair beside the bed. "Hey." I say, taking her hand. She smiles at me and sits up. (D/n) growls in protest and ___ places her beside the pillow. "Are you hungry?" I ask, handing her the plate. She nods.

"I haven't ate in like, three days." She mutters.

My eyes widen. "Three days?" She nods. "They starved you?"

"Well, no. They gave me bread. But I didn't want it." She looks down. "I'd rather not talk about it. I want to forget it for now."

"Of course." I tuck a strand of her (h/c) hair behind her ear. She smiles at me and eats her food in silence.

"I'm allowed to go home, right?" She asks.

I laugh. "You think I'm not going to let you leave?" She laughs and shrugs.

"You never know." She sets her empty plate on the table beside my bed. I take her hands.

"Come on." I say. I help her up and lead her down the stairs.

"What now?" She sighs.

"I just have to clean your cuts." I softly touch her slightly swollen cheek.

"Oh. Okay." She sits down in a kitchen chair and I grab a rag and a bowl of warm water. I soak the rag and dab it on her cheek. "Ow." She mutters.

"Sorry." I say, kissing her forehead.

When I'm finished I put everything away. "Want to go home?" I ask her. She nods. "I'll go get (D/n)." I say softly.

(D/n) still lays on my bed, snoring softly. I scoop her up and she snaps at me. "Stop being grumpy." I mutter, walking down the stairs. She looks at ___ and then back at me before crying out.

"What did you do to her?" ___ asks, taking (D/n) in her arms.

"What? I didn't do anything!" I say. (D/n) glares at me before wailing again.

"Awww." She kisses (D/n)'s head. "You're okay." She says softly.

"That dragon hates me." I mutter. ___ laughs. She takes my hand and reaches up to kiss me.

"I love you."

"I love you too. I'll take you home now."

~

He walks you to the porch and opens the door for you. "Milady," he gestures for you to walk inside. You roll your eyes and walk in. "What? I was being nice."

"I know." You smile. (D/n) jumps out of your arms and into the chair in front of the fireplace. You turn to Hiccup and wrap your arms around his neck. He places his hands on your waist and kisses you softly.

"I should let you sleep." He says.

The sudden fear of being alone fills you. "W-will you stay here?" You ask. "I don't want to be alone."

Hiccup smiles. "I'll stay." You close your eyes and hug him.

"Thank you." You then take his hands and pull him to your room. All that night he holds you, keeping you safe.