Chapter 13

((Didn't update yesterday, sorry. This chapter is awkward. Again, I'm sorry.))

That night after dinner you and Hiccup sit in a field, looking out over a cliff. You both lean against Toothless who is snoring softly. "One day," Hiccup whispers. "One day I want to explore all of this. Every inch of land that no one has discovered before."

"That sounds cool. You could name all of the land you find anything you want." You smile up at him as he looks out in the distance. "Name it after yourself, after Toothless..."

"You'd come with me, right?" He takes your hand.

"If you'd want me to, of course."

He smiles down at you. You're both silent, and he blushes a deep red as he whispers, "You're beautiful."

Your cheeks heat up hotter than ever and you laugh nervously. "Uh..." you clear your throat. "T-thank you."

Hiccup smiles a completely adorable, dorky smile and you lean your head on his shoulder. You begin thinking of your dragon. "I miss her, Hiccup."

"I know." He presses his lips to the top of your head.

"She didn't deserve to die. It's my fault she did. I just wish I could've done something." Tears fill your eyes and you clench your teeth in anger. Hiccup just sighs. "Any dragon would do anything for their master. She loved you, ___. That's why."

"It should've been me. It'd be better that way." You mutter.

Hiccup stiffens. "Don't... don't say that."

You sit up slowly and look at him. His eyes are sad. "What?" You ask.

"It shouldn't of been you."

"But-"

"No, ___. Don't think like that." You look down. He tilts your head up so you'll look at him. "I can't stand the thought of losing you. Not now." Tears fill your eyes and you quickly blink them away. "I- I love you, ___."

"I love you too." You whisper quietly. Hiccup smiles and leans closer to you, his eyes on your lips. Your lips are centimeters apart when Toothless grunts and flaps his wing. The wing smacks you and Hiccup in the head and he shoves you with his tail. You laugh. "Well, fine."

"What's your problem, bud?" Toothless grunts and licks him on the right side of his face and on his shirt. "Ugh! Toothless, that doesn't wash out!"

You laugh and Toothless gives a gummy smile at both of you. Hiccup sighs. "Alright, bud. Let's get back home." He stands up and walks over to you, holding out his hand. You smile and take it. He pulls you up and helps you up on Toothless.

You lay your head on his shoulder and wrap your arms around his waist as you shoot up in the air.