Chapter 4

((Slowly running out of ideas for this story... Ahaha. oh well. You know-- it took long enough to get ideas for this so I kinda edited this. kinda.))

You're walking with your parents, hand in hand. The happiness you feel, it's almost too much. Your family, together again. Your sisters are sitting together on the floor, smiling and talking.
Then the horn blows. Everything freezes. You feel your father's hand leave yours and he runs off. "Father!" You scream after him. "Wait!"
He's gone.
The floor beneath you rocks back and forth and you look around in confusion. The wind tastes salty and the breeze is cold. You stare at your Mother, who's reaching for you. An arrow hits her in the chest and she falls off the boat. "Mother!" You look over the side and scream, realizing the water you're floating on is blood. And your Mother and sisters' bodies are floating in it.

"No!" You scream, shooting up out of bed. You look around, your breathing heavy and quick. Tears are already falling. You shove your boots on and run down the stairs and outside, sitting on the porch steps and crying. You didn't want to cry anymore, but it's hard. It's so hard.

"_____?" You hear behind you. You jump and turn around, hand over your heart.

"You scared me Hiccup." You whisper.

"Sorry," he whispers as he lowers himself to to step. "I heard you scream, are you okay?"

"It was just a nightmare." You hug your arms close to your body and stare at the sky. The moon is bright, brighter than that last night at the village, and it lights everything up around you. "It's nice out." You say simply, not liking the silence, as it reminds you of the silence of the ship you were on.

"We've had fairly good weather the past few days." He says.

"Back at my village," you start. "It was warm all the time. The sun was always shining, except for the evenings. It always rained then. I didn't mind. I liked to hear it beat against my window and feel the wet grass in the mornings." You sigh and go on. "Every morning I'd go for a walk just to see the rain stop as soon as the sun rises. I miss my village so much." You smile sadly.

Hiccup pats his leg and looks around awkwardly before touching your shoulder lightly, moving closer to you. "Thank you Hiccup. For being there for me." You turn and kiss his cheek, then lean your head on his shoulder.

"N-no problem." He stutters. You smile, your eyes getting a bit heavy.

You yawn. "I think I'll try to go to sleep now. Goodnight Hiccup." You kiss him on the cheek once more, just to see his eyes widen and his cheeks flush with red.

"G-goodnight ____." He says as you walk back inside. You curl up on the bed and fall asleep quickly, the nightmares staying away.

~

Something growls from beside you and nudges your arm. You swat it away and groan before you're pushed off the bed and onto the hard wooden floor. You sit up and see Toothless, basically smiling at you. "Very funny." You grumble.

You get dressed and braid your hair. Toothless pushes you to the door and you open it. "What's the hurry?" You mumble. You go down the stairs slowly, smiling at Toothless's annoyed face.

"Morning, ___." Hiccup says from the table.

"Morning Hiccup." You say, sitting across from him again. Stoick smiles at you and you smile back. "Morning Stoick."

Everyone eats in silence until Stoick says, "I've been thinking about having a festival of some sort, son. For the dragons, to celebrate our new alliance with them."

"Sounds cool, Dad. When will it be?"

"I've been getting ready for it for a few months actually. It should be in just a week."

"And you never told me? You never told me, who used all this muscle and strength to bring us together?" Hiccup says.

You laugh and Hiccup smiles at you. "It doesn't matter son. Now I expect you two to be on your best behavior while I'm out preparing." Stoick says, standing up. Hiccup nods and stacks the plates again as Stoick walks out the door.

You stand up to help him but he holds his hand out, stopping you. "Don't even think about it. Sit down, this is my job, not yours."

You pout and sit back down. Hiccup smiles and does all the work himself. "It's not fair for you though," you say. "You gave up your whole room, you cook me breakfast and dinner, and you buy me clothes. That's-"

"That's what friends are for." He says. "Now come on, we can go fly around." You sigh and stand up, you and Toothless following Hiccup outside. He throws a few fish in front of Toothless and as he eats, Hiccup places a saddle on his back. He climbs on and reaches his hand out for yours. This time you don't hesitate to grab it.