A few days later the entire crew loads into the van for a show in Seattle.

They get to the venue and are immediately brought on stage for sound check. Lily hangs back, choosing to go to the dressing room to catch up with Dylan Carlson whose band was opening for Nirvana tonight.

Lily knew that Kurt was lying to her about not doing heroin again and she also knew he only ever did it with Dylan. When she realized he was still using a few weeks before she decided that instead of confronting Kurt, who had an obvious phobia of confrontation, she would check in with Dylan periodically.

It wasn't exactly her best case scenario but without Dylan offering her a slight insight into Kurt's 'habit' she would be flying blind and a lot more scared. Plus Lily trusted Dylan, she knew he wouldn't fuck around and lie to her. Since she'd figured out on her own Kurt was still using he didn't do much damage by telling her the details since Kurt's frequency was very moderate.  He never used more than once a week, he never used when he was around Lily or had band commitments, and he only sought out the drug when his stomach hurt.

As long as Dylan kept telling her that was the case she wouldn't worry. She knew he'd take care of him; the two of them were like brothers.

Just as her conversation with Dylan was moving from checking up on Kurt to what Dylan had been up to lately Nirvana's sound engineer Craig appears.

"Hey Lil sorry to interrupt but Kurt wants you to come to the stage, something about helping with backup vocals?" He says, and Lily blinks confoundedly.

"Is he drunk?" Lily asks with a laugh.

"How the fuck should I know, he's insisting though." He shrugs and Lily follows him.

"Hello dear" Kurt calls in a high-pitched tone, continuing to tune his guitar as she walks over to him.

"Hi," Lily replies still looking confused, "You requested my presence?"

"I finally figured out the lyrics to 'your' song." He explains. Lily is so excited upon being told that she could finally hear the song's lyrics she jumps up and down.

"Really?!" She asks, her eyes lighting up in the way he knew they would. He had been saving the lyrics for this very reason; he wanted to see how excited she was when she finally heard them.

"Do you want to see the lyrics sheet?" He asks and she nods eagerly. She takes the piece of loose leaf from him and reads the lyrics hungrily.

"Oh my god" She says, throwing her arms around him and forgetting for a moment they were surrounded by people, "Kurt...I love it. You really did make it our song"

"Happy belated six months" He whispers in her ear and she smiles excitedly.

Everyone else in the room wonders what he whispered to her. Even though it was crass to watch them in a private moment the rare sight of Kurt showing affection fascinated them all.

Lily didn't notice them though, she was too busy pouring over the lyrics. Practically all of them were about their relationship in one way or another, whether it was the direct quote from the night they'd first slept together or the not so subtle reference to the early days of their relationship when Lily would drive to Olympia and they would dance to Beatles songs in their underwear until they felt like they'd pulled a muscle.

"Its not our song Lil, its your song" He revises quietly, "Its my song for you"

"Are you going to play it tonight?" She asks.

"We've got to run through it once or twice to get it right, but of course we're going to play it. How could I not after all the hype?" He replies, making Lily laugh.