Chapter 1

((A.N.// Me: Hey guys! So, just in case you found this randomly... Psychology is the first novella. Sociology is the second. This is the third and final part! :D Thanks to my awesome supporters, and Ben and Jerry (love you guys, and your chocolately goodness)... Here it is! :D And... God... Curry... I literally had a Chicken Tikka Balti before writing (around 3-4 days ago xD) and I am dying from eating so much xD The boys (Matt and Mello) are currently in the changing rooms for this chapter! *beams* So just me today, but next time you'll have all three *smiles* Enjoy, and please follow, vote and comment! :D

Oh and... I used some fancy techniques so... whoever names them, they'll gain a follower and a new friend :D Oh, and they'll gainnnn.......... well, they'll get a sneak peek at how I want this plot line to go :D

Note: I own nothing except Nick, Nick's father.... and scientists, any references are accidental... Except for the Fullmetal Alchemist one of 'Equivalent Exchange' in the last chapter of Sociology... I was watching it xD Also.... I took Law, Psychology, History and English Literature... If I suddenly start mentioning dates of things in the past or dates that Acts were brought in, or start over analyzing things... please tell me xD))

Chapter 1

Matt P.O.V.

*Seven Years Ago- Matt: 13, Mello: 14, Near: 12*

I never expected to see a dead bird.

I mean, not many people do, do they? Usually one of the unusual things to see- at least, it's unusual at Whammy's- is a bird sat in a nest, feeding it's chicks or birdlings or whatever they're called, or a bird sat on eggs. Birds are free creatures that soar through the air, tilting their wings slightly so the wind carries them effortlessly. I used to wish I was a bird when I was small. I would've picked up Sienna in my talons and pushed up into the air with my wings, taking us away from our constantly-grieving father and to a place that I suppose could be called freedom.

I never thought I'd see a dead bird... I didn't think it was possible. I mean, I knew stuff died. I knew animals died. The food chain and the circle of life and all the crap. But with the way birds fly higher and higher as if they're indestructible... I suppose you don't envision them ending. I never had done. I probably never would've either, if Mello hadn't come storming into our shared room in the orphanage, straight up to where I was playing on my Playstation One and turning it off. The screen went blank and I sighed, looking at Mello with slight irritation. "I didn't save."

Mello gave me an angry glare. "Up." His voice rang with authority, and I rolled my eyes in defiance before standing up and slouching.

"You wanna tell me what this is about, Melsy?" I asked, smirking as I saw his eyebrow twitch in anger.

He huffed, his stone cold blue orbs narrowing at me. "I can't go outside... Sort it. Now."

Raising an eyebrow, I sat on my bed again- ignoring Mello's glaring- and pulled out my DS. "What did you do now, Mello?" I asked with a slight sigh, and he stamped his foot on the ground before he began pacing. Oh fantastic. Rant time. My most favourite time of the day. I thought sarcastically as I turned on my DS, watching it load up. Mello didn't rant this time. He kept pacing, running his shaking hands through his hair. My eyebrows drew together, but as the tell-tale sounds from my DS pitched into the air, I stayed silent. Mello finally stopped, and faced me.

"There's something I haven't told you, Matt."

I smirked. "Really now... By any chance does it begin with g and end with r? I won't judge you, Melsy."

Mello gave me a death glare. "No, it isn't gender. I'm a fucking guy, Matt."

"Sureeeee. Anyway, what did you need to tell me?" I lay back on my bed, holding my DS in the air as I played Mario Kart. Luigi on his motorbike swung around a corner, and I smirked at my preferred character. Mello always chose Mario.