Chapter Five

Nyssa

Nyssa's eyes flew open. The low ceiling and the soft rocking motion of the bed was a clear sign she wasn't in her hotel room. Where am I? She sat up.

Oh, shit, so not a good idea. Her head danced woozily. She slapped a hand to her brow and closed her eyes. Could someone please stop that freaking pounding? Wait. The feeling of a hundred thundering drums was in her head. Rolling her tongue around in her mouth, she grimaced. Who'd stuffed it with rancid cotton wool? She dropped back on the pillow.

What the hell did I do last night? Move, and you die. The queasiness threatened to explode if she didn't lie still. She massaged her aching head. The sudden movement next to her stilled her hand. Nyssa cracked an eye open and tried to discern the sudden weight across her tummy. A toned arm lay over it. Her second eye flew open as her head slowly turned to her side.

Tyler? Oh, God. No!

"Morning, babe."

She jumped up and scrambled off the bed. Her vicious headache forgotten. Noting her nakedness, she grabbed the satin sheet and pulled it tight around her body. Oh, God, please tell me I didn't sleep with the man.

On his side, Tyler propped his body up on an elbow. His lips dipped in a wolfish grin. "No need to be shy. You weren't last night."

Her gaze drifted over his nakedness. Nyssa gulped and attempted to recall the events of the previous evening. She looked everywhere except at his toned body. "W-what happened last night?" Nyssa scoured her brain trying to remember. She'd asked for a third—no—the fourth glass of wine. Did she really drink four glasses of wine? Shit. She'd never pissed out on alcohol before. Serves you right for drinking on an empty stomach.

"If you come back to bed, I'll tell you everything." A cheeky grin widened his lips.

"Tyler, please be serious. Whatever happened last night shouldn't have. You're about to marry." Nyssa raked a hand through her hair in irritation.

"Didn't faze you last night?" One brow cocked in a smug challenge.

Her insides roiled in agony. Sex wasn't supposed to happen. "Will you please cover up."

She turned away and opened the only other door in the room. Inside, the vast bathroom amenities fascinated her for a sparse second. She stepped under the shower, opened the taps, and let the warm water cascade over her distressed body. While it massaged her into sobriety, she rinsed her mouth of the arid taste of her hangover. Eyes closed, she lifted her face to the warm water and sighed. How could she let this happen? She was here to plan his wedding, not bed the damn groom. God, this isn't happening. She should never have agreed to the dinner in the first place, sleeping with Tyler even more so.

"So sexy, just like I remember."

Nyssa jumped. Distracted, she didn't hear Tyler enter. His hands snaked around her waist, and he pulled her back against his hard, muscular body.

"T-Tyler? What are you doing?" she spluttered. "You shouldn't be in here. Please." Desperate, she tugged hard at his hands and wiggled her body. He tightened his grip, making her squirm completely useless. His closeness messed with her senses. Every nerve ending came alive and burned with the memories of their first night together. She needed to get out of his hold or surrender willingly to the scorching flames slowly licking their way from her neck down.

With an exasperated moan, she shook her head to clear her aroused mind. "We shouldn't," even though the words left her mouth, Nyssa struggled for composure. The ridges of his erection pressed against her back. God, the man, didn't play fair. Defeated, she sagged against him. Perhaps still drunk, she had no energy to fight. Maybe I don't want to.