Chapter Three (Present Day)

Six months later

Nyssa

"No guys. You need to center the plinths equally around the stage to create a precise division." Nyssa shook her head and stepped back to eye the team's handiwork.

Turning, she made her way down the aisle and checked the flower arrangements on each table along the way. At the entrance to the hotel ballroom, she glanced around one more time. Satisfied with the crimson and silver decor requested by the bride, she smiled. She made a few adjustments to the cocktail tables in the foyer then turned to the hotel coordinator. After some quick instructions, she left.

In the hotel basement, she slid behind the wheel of her white Citi Golf with a sigh. Four months ago, she'd secured her dream job. A position as a junior events coordinator at Nous Faisons. One of the leading event firms in the country. They specialized in large corporate functions and weddings of the rich and famous. It took two months of long hours and hard work to convince her manager she was ready to handle large events.

Now, she managed a team of ten with the style and grace of a twenty-five-year-old leader. The responsibility brought with it a surge in her confidence. A far cry from the shy virgin she'd been six months ago. Her change in salary allowed her and her mother to move into a safer area with affordable apartments.

Fifteen minutes later, she pulled into the basement of their offices in Sandton. Nyssa parked, switched off the engine, and made her way to the lift. "Hey, Cassie," she greeted their friendly receptionist with a smile.

"Hi, Ness. Simone asked to see you when you got in."

"Is she in?"

"Yep."

"Okay, thanks," Nyssa called over her shoulder and made her way down the passage to her boss's office. At the door, she tapped and entered. "Afternoon, Simone, you were looking for me?"

"Hey, Ness. C'mon in." Simone, a beautiful, feisty blonde in her late forties, looked up from her laptop and smiled. One of three partners in the company, her achievements made her incredibly proud. Despite her no-nonsense attitude, she remained a caring, kindhearted person. She maintained people deserved a fair chance. Nyssa settled into a seat across her boss and waited.

"How busy are you?" Simone closed her laptop.

"Apart from the Lincoln wedding and a corporate function I'm coordinating with Darlene, I'm open. Why?"

"I have something if you're keen."

Nyssa sat up. "Of course, you know I'm like an ever-ready battery." She grinned. "What is it?"

"Wedding. Not just anyone, though. It's the wedding of the year. Tyler Bennett."

"Tyler Bennett?" Nyssa wrinkled her brow in mild confusion.

"Christ, hun, what planet are you living on." Simone sighed.

"Sorry, boss, but the news is too depressing these days, so I don't bother watching it on the tele or reading newspapers for that matter. I'd rather spend my time with a good book. Anyway, my boss keeps me too busy." Nyssa chuckled.

"Complaining, are we?" Simone grinned. "My, sweet sweet Nyssa, simple yet so charming." Nyssa's cheeks flushed. Simone sat back in her seat. "Tyler Bennett is currently the world's most eligible bachelor. He's a multi-billionaire and all set to tie the knot. His fiancée chose us as their wedding planner."

"Well, it's no wonder I haven't heard of him. Not in my league. No need to follow the lives of people I'll never meet." She laughed.

Simone arched a brow. "What makes you think you're not going to meet Tyler. He's the groom, hun."