Chapter Four

Nyssa

Nyssa drove her rental up toward Constantia Hills and surveyed her surroundings. The excitement grew in momentum. Every house she passed appeared more prominent than the last. In stark contrast to Johannesburg, Constantia Hills boasted acres of green trees, manicured gardens, and clean, fresh air that overlooked the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean.

She reached the driveway to the address Cassie had given her and stopped at the tall wrought-iron gates. Intrigued, she waited while the uniformed guard signed her in, opened the gates, and let her through with a wave. She proceeded down the long driveway, immediately fascinated by the tall swaying palms. A carpet of immaculate green lawns blanketed the property gardens. Shaped trees and colorful flowers scattered at precise intervals, hinted at a paradise resort. Wow. Nyssa circled the large water fountain at the end of the driveway and stopped. She almost expected a parking attendant to run out from a corner. With a chuckle, she climbed out and walked up to the marble-tiled front steps. At the large carved double doors, she took a deep breath then rang the doorbell.

The door opened, and a smiling butler stepped forward. "Good day, Miss. Please come in. Miss Shana is expecting you."

Nyssa followed him and glanced around. The beauty spoke to casual elegance, only money and a skilled interior decorator could create. She'd stepped into a royal palace fit for a king. Almost scared of touching something, she all but tiptoed behind the butler. They emerged onto a large patio that overlooked a sparkling swimming pool. Its enormity ornamented by stunning garden furniture amid green lawns. The place, Nyssa had to agree, would make an exquisite wedding venue, if they chose to have the wedding there.

"Miss Das?"

Nyssa turned. A striking young woman probably a year or two older than her, extended a hand which Nyssa accepted. "Hi. Please, call me Nyssa."

"I'm Shana. Come sit." She gestured to a chair.

Setting her files on the patio table, Nyssa slid into the seat and glanced around in awe. "This is a beautiful place."

"Thank you. Tyler's extremely creative. He designed everything you see." Shana seemed proud to share her fiancé's creativity.

"A talented man, indeed. Have you decided on a venue for the wedding?"

The other woman shook her head. "Apart from the date, we haven't done much planning. It's the reason I called Simone. The woman's an event coordinator extraordinaire. Short notices are her specialty if I'm not mistaken."

Nyssa laughed. Aware Simone would have a few choice words on that assumption. "I hope I can provide you with the best service Simone's company could offer. If you don't mind my saying, this home would make a stunning venue."

Shana looked around. "You think?"

"It's gorgeous, and with the right set up, we could make a fairy-tale wedding happen right here."

"Not sure if Tyler is into the fairy-tale stuff. Between you and me, my man's as excited about this wedding as a cat given sour milk." Her voice lowered on the last sentence.

Nyssa grinned as the butler placed a tea tray on the table. "If it's any consolation, men, generally don't pay much attention to the nitty-gritty stuff. All they want to know is what they're wearing. What time's the wedding, and where's the venue."

"Oh, I like you. We'll work well together. Tea?"

"Yes, please." Nyssa was glad she managed to console Shana. Simone would be happy.

They spent the next hour and a half throwing around ideas and workable options. After a light lunch of stuffed chicken and salad, Nyssa rose. "I'm in Cape Town until Monday, if there's anything else you want to discuss, please give me a call." She bid Shana farewell when the butler returned.