"Step away from the artefact." She stated, her finger resting on the trigger as the other person turned to face her.

"Can't do that, sorry." He stated.

"And why might that be?" Caeli asked next, holding the handgun steady.

"I need to make some money here-"

"What's your name?"

"Samuel?" He stated although he was kind of questioning what his own name was.

"Who sent you?" She asked next, taking a few more steps towards him, looking to the trinket for a split second before looking back to him.

"Not important." He responded, not seeming alarmed by the weapon pointed to him.

"Move." She repeated, but he shook his head. "Move or I will make you move." She told him, he stood still as a rock, his hands in his pockets as they had been since she had walked into the room. He suddenly moved, picking a gun from his pocket and aiming it towards her, but he still moved too slow for her.

She closed the gap between them as he raised his arm, ducking underneath his hand and grabbing his wrist, twisting the gun from his grip before he could shoot and then knocked him to the ground. He was locked to the ground with one of her knees on his chest, her other knee on his right arm, and her hand holding down his left. Her forearm was against his throat, her face hovering just above his.

"Why couldn't you just move?" She asked, he smirked at her.

"If I had, we wouldn't be like this, would we?" He questioned, she rolled her eyes.

"You're lucky I didn't kill you." She whispered, staring directly into his pale blue-grey eyes.

"Give it time."

"You're a bit overconfident if you think I'm gonna stick around you at all, to even get the opportunity to kill you again." She told him, putting the safety back on the pistol and putting it back in its holster. "One wrong move and I will kill you with my bare hands." She warned him.

"Fair enough." He replied as she stood up and finally took another look at the trinket she was meant to be stealing. The glass case had a lock on it, so she grabbed her tools and began picking the lock, it popped open before she took the artefact and closed the case once again, Samuel still laying on the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked him.

"You said no wrong moves." He answered with humour in his tone, he slowly sat up as she shook her head. She used the sleeve of her denim jacket to clear her fingerprints from the glass and began walking out. "Where are you going?" Samuel asked, Caeli turned back to look at him, holding her hands out at her sides.

"Well, I'm not staying here for a guard to find me. It's probably a good idea for you to leave too." She told him, tucking the artefact into her pocket. She turned back around to walk out the entrance. As she did she bumped into one of the guards... "Hi." She stated sweetly with a smile on her face. The guard was about to say something but couldn't do so as she punched him in the throat. Caeli then twisted around the man, her back against his and wrapped her arm around his neck behind her, pulling him over her body as she knelt over. As he lay in shock she punched his temple, knocking him out.

Instead of bothering to hide the unconscious man she took off down the hallway to find her way out, aware that Samuel was following her but not particularly caring. Maybe the extra person will be useful if they encounter anyone else, maybe. Somehow, they both made it out without too much of a hassle, she was about to run into the night when Samuel grabbed onto her wrist.

"Don't fucking touch me." She turned towards him, a killer look in her pale grey eyes.

"I need that bloody, musical, fucking thing." He told her.

"I've already taken you down once tonight, I don't think you need me to do it again to prove a point." She hissed through her teeth, her anger flaring at the fact he was still touching her. He dropped her wrist, his hands in the air.

"Fine, fine. Just, I need that fucking trinket. My brother and I-"

"Who sent you after this?" She asked, holding the artefact in the air, Samuel didn't respond. "This isn't something a conventional thief would go after, few know what this is worth at auction. I'll ask you one last time, who sent you after this?" There was a moment of silence before he groaned in response.

"Victor Sullivan, I fucking hate the basta-"

"You're that kid's brother, aren't you?" She cut him off.

"Kid? You mean Nate, right?"

"If that's the Drake kid that Sully met in Cartegena, yes, I've met the boy once." She ran a hand through her hair. "He set this up, set us up to meet." She whispered to herself, although Samuel apparently heard her.

"What?"

"Sullivan set us up, I'm going to kill him when I see him next." She stated, throwing the artefact to Samuel, which he luckily caught. There was a moment of silence between them as she actually studied his features. He was attractive, she guessed, it wasn't very often she met people her age in this line of work so it was pleasant to do so.

"Can I know what your name is?" He asked her.

"Why should I tell you that?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You know mine." He replied, looking at the sky before looking back at her. "Plus, I think you're kind of cute." He added; as he spoke she tucked a few loose hairs behind her heavily pierced ears. She weighed the pros and cons of telling him her name but figured if he asked Sully he would find out anyways.

"My name is Caeli Porter, it's not necessarily nice to meet you." She told him, watching his face fall from hopeful to disappointed.

"I've worked with worse before..." He trailed off as if he would be able to win her over.

"You're not working with anything, so don't get any ideas." She stated as she began walking down the street.

"Too late, Caels." He stated from behind her as he began to follow her.

"Call me 'Caels' again and I'll shoot you in the balls." Samuel caught up to her just as she finished her sentence, they looked into each other's eyes for a moment, her signature glare still prominent on her face as he smirked.

"Feisty."

*

What she would give to go back and start over, to relive every moment and make sure that everything that went horribly wrong didn't. Tears glistened in her eyes as she imagined the life they could have had but were fated to never grasp.

She wished that she could have covered her tracks better; if she hadn't ever been captured none of this would be happening. If she had just been more careful...

No, this was not her fault.

It was, but there was nothing she could have done differently, and that was what truly ruined her.