Those Who Prove Worthy

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm looking at them right now." Nadine responded.

"What? Where are you?"

"Come back to the cathedral. Follow the holes." Nadine explained.

"I'm on my way, and for God's sakes please don't shoot them yet."

"Might want to hurry, then." That ended that small interaction. "King's Bay..." Nadine trailed off, looking at the ground and seeing what they had. The glass circle on the ground pointing to the location of whatever comes next.

"Yeah, but um... where in King's Bay?" Sam asked, as if this was a two way conversation.

"That's a very good question, Sam. I think they'll need that cross over there to figure it out." Caeli continued.

"But, there's only three people here that can tell you how to use it." Sam finished.

"Let me guess, you three?" Nadine asked.

"More or less." Caeli replied, a smirk on her face.

"And, if you wanna leave it to Rafe you're going to be waiting a long time." Nate added.

"Sorry boys, the only one that's useful out of you three is the one in the middle." Nadine stated, gesturing to Caeli who was between the brothers. "And besides, I'm not here to negotiate." She then looked to a second Shoreliner who had entered the cave. "Bring me the crucifix."

"It's not a crucifix." Nate stated.

"What?" Nadine questioned.

"Well, technically a crucifix refers to a cross that... you know what, never mind." Nate realised it wasn't worth the explanation, but that meant the distraction was over, and Nadine figured out why they had told her to get the cross.

"Don't touch it!" She shouted, but she was too late, the Shoreliner already had the cross in the air. The floor immediately fell out from underneath them, well at least in the circle that the scales were sitting on, so a majority of the floor. The Shoreliner who grabbed the cross fell to his death, Nadine barely managed to jump and grip onto the edge. "Shoot them!" She shouted, and more Shoreline men filed into the room, each with a gun, each shooting directly towards them. She melted to the shadows, sure that Sam and Nate were hidden behind stone barricades. The ceiling then started to collapse as well, but it wasn't enough to keep her from taking out three men before going back to Sam and Nate to get out of the cavern.

Of course though, Nate fell from the level they were on to a ledge hidden beneath them. So they would have to wait until he found a way up, which meant that Sam and Caeli had to take out the other men.

"Get a gun, I'll go with the shadows." Caeli stated simply, once again melting away and taking out Shoreline men one by one. Nate eventually made it to the surface again, taking out one of the last two Shoreliners as Sam took out the second. They each grabbed a gun, readying for what was to come, which happened to be a few more people at the exit they had planned on going through.

Well, until a section of the ceiling fell to fill in the hole. They were temporarily safe from Shoreliners, but they also temporarily had no way of getting out of the still collapsing cavern.

"Now what?" Sam asked, a different section of the ceiling fell, revealing daylight.

"Up there! You guys use your rope!" Caeli shouted, hearing gunfire from where they were going to go and became a shadow once more, getting to the men that were now shooting at the brothers and killing them before the Drakes even made it to solid ground.

"We really kicked the hornets nest, didn't we?!" Sam shouted as they began running to find a way out.

"Kicked it, punched it, set it on fire!" Nate added on, they came across what seemed to be an entire army of Shoreliners as they made it closer to escaping the damned cathedral.