three

The night came quicker than usual; the orange, gold and pink hues that covered the sky darkening by only 6:30 PM. The only difference was that that night there were no stars nor moon at all, only a thick layer of cold mist that hid heaven from the earth, making it hard to see and walk through the street.

Hiding in the shadows, the (H/C) girl rested her back with a wall, her eyes focusing on a transmisor on her wrist that had been damaged at some time in the 'battle'.

"Agh, shit" she hit the small screen with the middle of her index finger and sighed when she saw that the machine was not cooperating.

She knew that she did everything that her boss told her too, but it didn't quite feel right. Some part of feel knew that those kids were somehow related to her. It was the first time (Y/N) came near a gifted kid, and they felt like home, like safety. Maybe because all her life she felt like a freak, and when finally she got to meet some people like her, she was instructed to "distract and keep them from accomplishing their missions".
(Y/N) didn't want to do that, but her 'father' or 'boss' had to be the competition of one of the richest inventors on earth, Sir. Reginald Hargreeves.

Maybe she should go home. It was a cold night and she didn't have any money to buy food.

The thought of calling that house 'home' made her furrow her eyebrows. She could say that the only living thing she got along with in that hell hole was Evie, a dog.
She was treated like a soldier, a little lost girl trapped in her father selfish game of Revenge.
It was not her fault that Reginald Hargreeves was the cause of the closure of the factory of her dad, but he somehow managed to drag a poor 13 year old on the business. And even if she didn't want to (which she doesn't) she doesn't have much of a choice, after all, her father who saved her from having a miserable life with a close-minded mother who did not understand her gift, seeing it more like a curse.
The man raised her, fed her, gave her somewhere to sleep, gave her education. And sometimes, a very few times, he would read to her amazing stories about the magic that the world was hiding. Those nights were the times where she would call that tall man, dad.

The girl meditated for some seconds before standing up and began walking through the quiet and empty streets, her body disappearing with the mist.