Wrong Carriage

Y/N'S POV

-THE GANG HAVE BEEN TAKING OVER TRAINS WHICH HAVE BEEN TRANSPORTING IMMUNES, HOPING TO RESCUE MINHO-

"Newt!"We looked to see Vince waving at us from where we were hiding behind the rocks.

"All right, come on. Let's go!"I gestured for the others to follow Newt and I. As we approached the carriages, Thomas pointed at one he thought held the Immunes.

"This one!"Newt took off his backpack and began craving the carriage open, with his welder. We watched as a WICKD helicopter landed in front of Brenda and Jorge, attempting to take them prisoner before being overpowered by Frypan's squad.

"Newt, how're you doing?"I yelled down to him as Thomas and I prepped to take the carraiges away.

"Don't rush me"His response was muffled through his mask just as bullets starting flying.

"Shit!"We ducked down"Keep going, I'll cover you"I told Thomas before jumping down and firing back.

"Newt, get up here"Thomas shouted at him.

"Almost there"He shouted back as he finally broke the seal. Vince jumped down and gestured for Newt and I to get up to roof. We nodded, climbing the ladder before firing shots at the WICKD swat team.

"Where the hell are they?"Newt looked around for our chopper just as Jorge flew in, cutting it close as usual.

"We're here boys!"

"There's too many of them!"I yelled at the others to get up to the roof of the carriage as Thomas and Newt attached the carriage to chopper. Once it was attached, we yelled at them to go while we kept the soldiers at bay.

"Vince get up here!"Newt yelled down. Vince ran, quickly leaping onto the ladder and crawling just as we drove away, cheering at our victory. Once we landed, we smashed the door open and checked the carriage, our hope falling as we scanned the terrified faces. Thomas turned back to us, his face hard.

"He's not here"

~SOME TIME LATER~

"Took you guys long enough to rescue us"Aris chuckled as I walked in and sat down next to Newt who looked me over with a quick nod.

"It's good to see you too, bud"Thomas replied"So what happened?"

"Fought back or well tried to"

"You're lucky you found us at all"Sonya added"They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening"

"Do you have any idea where they were heading?"Newt questioned.

"All I know is, they kept talking about a city"Aris scrunched his face, trying to remember. We all looked at each other with concern.

"I didn't think there were any cities left"Harriet wondered.

"That's because there aren't"Brenda crossed her arms"Not still standing anyway"

"Okay, wait. What about Minho?"I turned back to Sonya and Aris"Why wasn't he on the train?"

"I'm sorry _______"Sonya and Aris looked at each other"He was. There was a second carriage" We thanked Aris and Sonya and headed back to our conference room. I made some coffee, handing it out as Thomas slammed a map onto the table.

"There, that's it"He pointed to circular dome on the map"It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed. That's where they're taking Minho"

"We should take everyone who can fight"I continued"Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week"

"A week?"Vince raised his eyebrows"It took us six months to get here. We got over a hundred kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map?"He gestured to it"You don't even know what's there"