Trying to laugh

Y/N's P.O.V.

I have been here a week and a half. I was getting used to life in The Glade. Since bonfire night, the boys have given me some respect. All except Gally. He still treats me the same. Whatever. I went to the eating area, grabbed an apple and ate it on my way to the builders' section.

"Hey ____!" I saw Minho and Newt run up to me.Ever since I told Minho I'm not a laughing person, he's taken it as a personal challenge.I nodded as a response,

"This is a good one"I gave him a skeptical look." What do you call a group of unorganized cats?"

I shrugged.

"A cat-astrophe" He laughed as Newt grinned. I shook my head at them both and walked to my station. I saw Gally staring hard at a list so I went to him. He looked up as I approached.

"We need 2 new tables and The Homestead needs some repairing. I've sent the guys over to The Homestead.You can work on the other table." He told me before handing me my tools. I grabbed the wood I needed and went to work.

Gally's P.O.V.

I sawed through the wood and grabbed some sandpaper. I glanced over to ____ to see her eyes narrowed in concentration.I found myself staring and quickly turned back to my table. I sanded it down and began hammering the legs into place. I finished quickly and stood back, admiring my handiwork.I saw ____ look at me before turning back to her table. I smirked and went over to her.

"Need some help?"She looked at me with her beautiful ___ eyes, before sighing quietly.

"Yes"I encircled her table and noticed why it wasn't standing straight.

"Look, you forgot to sand down the under base of the table. If you don't, the legs can be wobbly. Here" I handed her some sandpaper and she fixed her problem. I nodded at her before calling Stan and Frankie over."Bring these to the Homestead." They nodded and pulled the table towards Homestead. I took out a bottle of water and drank it, my eyes averting back to ____. I could watch her all day, as creepy as that sounds. She looked up finished with her table, the corners of her lips tugging.

"____!"Minho came running up to her."This one will make you at least smile "

"Sure it will" She sighed.She rarely spoke but when she did, it was a pleasant sound to my ears.

"I know it" Minho smirked"How many tickles does it take for an octopus to laugh?"She looked at him blankly"Ten-tickles!"He cackled as she rolled her eyes. She looked at me and I raised an eyebrow at her. She looked away as the bell rang for lunch. We put down our tools and headed to the eating area. We lined up, got our food and went to a table. ____ went to the table in the very corner and sat down. Minho sighed.

"What's up with you?"Newt asked as we ate.

"I've tried every joke I can think of and she hasn't even cracked a shucking smile"

"Your jokes aren't exactly great" I told him as he rolled his eyes.

"They're hilarious"

"Maybe she doesn't like jokes"Chuck piped

"Hmm, you might be right"

"We've all tried, except for you Gally"Newt pointed out

"So?"

"So, now you have to try"

"And why the klunk would I do that?"I grunted.

"Because Alby said so. Now move!" Minho pushed me off and I growled at him before heading over to ____.I sat across from her as she stared at me.She raised her eyebrow at me as if to ask me what I was doing.

"Look, those shanks especially that jacked Minho have taken it upon themselves to make you laugh or even crack a shucking smile. So can you stop being such a slinthead and just smile at something so they can stop acting like piles of klunk and slim it."

She looked at me with a confused expression before bursting into laughter. The Glade fell silent as we heard her pure, sweet laugh. I stared at her bewildered and she gave me a beautiful smile. I found my heart skip a beat as she continued to laugh.I liked it, I wasn't sure what I did. But hey, she was laughing now.

She finally reduced herself to small giggles and said" What the bloody 'ell does any of that mean?" She giggled.A small smile made its way to my face before I quickly wiped it off. I explained our glader slang and she chuckled the whole time.

"Thanks, for the clarification but if you'll excuse me, I need to shower. She smiled brightly at me before heading off towards her cabin. Almost instantly, the boys came rushing over, demanding I tell them what I said.

"What joke did you tell her?"

"Was it a funny story?"

"Was I in it?"

"Slim it you slintheads. She was laughing at our glader slang" I grunted before going to my station with a small smile making it's way on my face again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~