Dawn

Y/N's P.O.V

"Wrong! The buzzer beeped again and I dropped to the floor, panting. A man with a face like a rat walked up to me and grabbed me by the chin forcing me to look at him."We're going to do that again and this time, finish the job" He snarled his grip tight on my chin. The lights turned on again as he left and I saw my mother look at me.I felt tears pricking my eyes as I gazed at my beautiful mother. Her ___ hair was in patches, her skin covered in black veins, her once soft ____ eyes were now full of hatred as she moved her gaze from my father's lifeless body, a spear through his ____ right eye and onto me.

"____ move!" I heard the man yell over the intercom as my mother ran towards me.I pushed her away with the butt of my sword.She tackled me and swiped my cheek.I felt the skin burst and blood leak out.I shoved her away and got up.

"DIE!" She screamed at me, making my heart break as I looked into her dead eyes.

"Kill her!"

She charged at me and I dug the sword deep into her chest. Tears poured down my face as the life drained from her.

"I'm sorry Mama.I love you so much Mama. Please tell Papa I love him" She dropped to the floor as I was dragged away, screaming.

"Well done ____."The rat man sneered"You've even got a souvenir to remember your first kill" He laughed, turning away as I fought against the guards.I was thrown in my room, my cheek stinging and his laugh echoing in my head.

I woke up, covered in sweat, touching my face to find it wet with tears. I got up and washed my face. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, tracing the faint scar on my cheek, the only time I could remember my mother touching me. It was still dark outside but I wasn't tired and I doubted sleep would come anyhow. I pulled a thin sweater over my t-shirt, hugging it to my body.I walked to the Deadheads and layed down. I stared at the night sky glittering like diamonds.Images of my dead parents and their screams flashed through my mind, tears began flowing once more and I just couldn't stop.

Gally's P.O.V

I carefully got up, making sure not to make a sound as not to wake the other gladers. I made my way out of Homestead to watch the stars fade like I did every morning. I walked over to the deadheads when I heard....sobbing? I saw ______ huddled on the grass, her shoulders shaking. I was torn between leaving and comforting her. However my decision was made for me when I stepped on a twig alerting her. She whipped around instantly spotting me.

"Gally?"Her voice sounded tired and hoarse.

"I was just leaving" I turned around when I heard her whisper "Stay". I looked at her as she hugged her body.

"Alright" I gruffly said and sat next to her. Awkwardly clearing my throat, I faced her"You ok Greenie?"

"Bloody wonderful" She muttered.There was a silence as we both gazed at the stars."Why are we here?"___ stared at me, her ___ eyes drained of their usual sparkle. I sighed and ran a hand over my head.

"Some of us go through the Changing and get some of our memories back but none of us know why the creators have placed us in this god forsaken place."I sighed again as I put my arms on my knees"I'm guessing you got some memories back"

She stayed quiet before whispering"I had to kill my parents because they had turned. My mom herself gave me this scar."

"I'm sorry" I scratched the back of my neck as she looked at me gratefully.

"They took everything from us but they can never take the stars away from us" She said while gazing at the fading night sky.

"Very true" As the sun rose, I found I couldn't keep my eyes off ____. She was just beautiful, with her delicate features, her vivacious ___ hair, her twinkling ___ eyes. She closed her eyes, looking like a goddess as the sun soaked us in it's golden rays. We passed the early dawn in a comfortable silence. The Glade started to come alive and I stood up with ____ following suit. She stretched and stumbled backwards but I swiftly caught her. She put her hands on my chest to steady herself and I felt a warmth spread out. She gazed up at me and I stared back, caught in her hypnotizing eyes.She was so perfect and.....Holy shit.....I was in love with her. However it then crossed my mind that she wouldn't ever feel the same way. Anger and jealousy flashed inside me and I let go of her.

"Don't be late today"I abruptly said and headed to Homestead, my fists clenched in anger and my heart hammering

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~