Lost

Y/N'S POV

I finished dressing and sat at a ridge overlooking the valley. Turning a small black circular stone over in my hand as I was lost in thoughts, I didn't hear Newt approach and sit next to me until he gave me a slight nudge. I looked up at him and he tilted his head slightly as if to ask"Are you okay?". I gave a shrug in reply as Minho and Frypan made their way to the ridge. We sat in silence which seemed given because no one had spoken since the 'revelation'.

There was a crunching of dry grass as Thomas made his way to a rock on my other side and he sat down with a soft sigh.

"I wish Alby could've seen this"Newt said looking out onto the valley.

"And Winston"Frypan nodded.

"And Chuck"Thomas added, clutching the small wood figure that Chuck had given him.

"And Gally" I thought to myself but didn't dare to say out loud.

"He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy"I told him as he looked at me, nodding.

"Hey Aris!"Frypan shouted down to Aris who was sitting with Harriet and Sonya then upon seeing us, waved back"I kinda like that kid"He said with a smile.

"Yeah still don't trust him though"Minho squinted and muttered as we all chuckled.

"Hey where's Teresa?"Thomas asked.

"She went up there"Newt pointed to where Teresa was standing, staring out into the mountains. Thomas then made his way to her while the rest of us stayed where we were. I saw Newt blow on his hands to try warm them up in the cold wind. Our eyes met and I gave him a shy smile before covering his hands with mine, ignoring the heat I felt in my face.

"Unlike you idjits, I actually choose decent warm clothes with good pockets"He rolled his eyes, his cheeks pink but he didn't move his hands away as we watched nightfall. I was staring out onto the horizon when I noticed two lights which I originally thought were stars, were now getting bigger as well as a deep rumbling noise beginning. I pulled my hands away from Newt's and jumped up.

"_______? What's wrong?"He asked as Minho and Frypan turned to us. I just pointed to the horizon where the two helicopters were fast approaching.

"Shit!"We ran down the ridge just as the helicopters threw their first bomb. Panic ensued as WICKD swat teams landed and began firing tasers at everyone.

"Where's Thomas"Frypan asked as we threw ourselves behind some rusty barrels.

"Harriet! Ammo!"Vince yelled from a truck as he shot at the soldiers.

"Vince! Harriet!"Minho shouted, running towards them, the rest of us following behind"How can we help?"

"You need to cover us!"

"Hey! Do you know how to use this thing?"Vince shoved a gun into Minho's arms who nodded"Cover me! This fifty's our only chance!"Vince prepared his barrel gun as Harriet threw me a rifle and I took position opposite Minho to cover them. We aimed and fired to the best of our abilities. I saw one of the soldiers press something in his hand and I realised with a shiver, it was a shock bomb.

"Look out!"I grabbed Newt but my world went black before I could dive away. I woke up groggily as I was forced into a kneeling position between Minho and Newt. One of the soldiers grabbed my neck and scanned it before calling out "A-3" I saw Janson approach the soldiers and my blood boiled with rage. I was about to get up when I felt Newt grab my hand and violently shake his head.

"Now's not the time, _____"I scowled and slumped down.

"Where's Thomas?"Janson asked, looing around.