The Kidnap

Y/N's POV
"Hey"I glanced up to see Newt approaching me as I fiddled with my switchblade.

"Hi"He sat down next to me, with a sigh"Are they back yet?"

"Not yet"He rested his arms on his knees"You alright love?"He gently asked.

"Yeah sure I'm fine"I mumbled back, turning the knife over in my hands.

"_______, talk to me. What's got you upset?"He nudged my shoulder with his, making me look up at him.

"It's just.....this whole situation with Gally I guess"I softly sighed"I believed Gally was dead, that the man I love died in the maze because my Gally would never have done those horrible things"I sadly smiled as I thought of our time together in the maze"But seeing him here alive.....I don't know how to feel"I muttered. I didn't mention the fact that I was ready to cry with desparation when I thought of Newt's condition.

"You'll get through this" Newt replied, running a hand through his hair as I watched him, my heart hurting at the thought of not being able to cure Newt. I must have been staring intensely because he shook a hand in front of my face, grinning"Hello, Earth to _______"

"Huh? Sorry I was just-"

"________, really you don't need to worry about me"He placed one hand over my fidgeting fingers and his other hand stroked my cheek"I'll be fine, okay?"He smiled and I gave a weak one in reply as we heard grunting. We jumped up to see Gally and Thomas placing a blindfolded Teresa in a chair. I gave Gally a lookover, meeting his gaze which made me blush and look away as Newt pulled the blindfold off Teresa.

"Gally?"She gasped, looking around at us.

"Here's how this is gonna go"He placed a piece of folded paper down and crossed his arms"We're gonna ask you some questions and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know"He pulled a chair out and dragged it in front of her as he spoke"We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

"You guys don't seriously think-"She was interrupted as Gally slammed the chair down in front of her.

"Don't look at him"Gally blocked her view of Thomas"Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you"Her gaze faltered while Gally continued"Now we know you have Minho in the building. Where?"

"He's with the others in holding. Sublevel 3"

"How many others?"Newt asked.

"28"

We looked back at Jorge and Brenda who placed a card down with a smirk"I can make that work"

"No. No, you guys don't understand"Teresa pleaded"The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID"

"That's why you're gonna come with us"Thomas leaned forward.

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right?"Gally shrugged, throwing his chair backwards"Not all of her. We just need her finger"

"Gally, back off"I spoke, watching as Teresa's eyes widened when Gally approached her with a scalpel.

"What are you squeamish?"He turned to me"I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho"

"That's not the plan. Back off"Thomas stood up in front of Gally, taking the scalpel off him.

"It won't make a difference"She spoke confidently"Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the-"

"We know. We're tagged"Thomas knelt down next to her"Property of WICKD. You're gonna help us with that too"He held up the scapel as she glanced around. Gally dragged the rest of the medical table over and she began first on Thomas while the rest of us waited by the other table.

"Here see if these fit"Newt handed out some clean clothes to us while I looked back to where Thomas and Teresa were stiffly talking, my gaze naturally sliding to Gally's clothed back"You should talk to him, instead of oogling him"I turned to see Newt holding out some clothes, his smile not quite reaching his eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about"I took the clothes off him, looking away.

"Oh so we're all just imagining the tension between the two of you that's so thick, you could cut it with a knife"He chuckled as I blushed.

"I'll cut you with a knife"I muttered, throwing his shirt at his grinning face. I hid behind a pillar and began changing into the darker but clean clothes. I was just about to pull on my shirt when I saw Gally appear"OI!"I yelped, covering my chest as he covered his eyes.

"Shit! I'm so sorry _______"I saw his face turn red under his fingers.

"It's fine"I quickly pulled on my shirt"It's not like you haven't seen it before"I mumbled as he lowered his fingers. We looked at one another and he opened his mouth before closing it again.

"Be careful, it's a dangerous mission"He said, swallowing slightly"I'll be there if you need me"

"I've survived this far without you. What difference does it make?"I replied, not breaking my stare and not forgetting his hurtful remark from earlier. I saw his eyes harden and he was about to say something when Newt came around the corner.

"Everything okay? I heard you yelp"He looked between Gally and I.

"It's fine"I pushed past Gally when I heard Thomas shout.

"Do you really expect me to?"He glared at Teresa"You made your choice"

"Everything okay over here?"I asked.

"Yeah, we're done"

~SOME TIME LATER~

"Frypan? We're in"I said into my radio as Gally worked on the power circuits"How are you doing?"

"Yeah, I'm getting there"His voice buzzed"Tell Minho 'Hi' for me"

"Hang in there buddy"I said before turning to see Thomas who was receiving a status update from Brenda.

"Alright, let's go"Gally loaded up his bomb then shut the power box. I fell in line with Gally as Teresa was kept in the middle and Thomas and Newt ran in front. We opened the door to the security room, shooting the soldiers down with tasers. I pointed to a sealed door where I saw movement inside. Newt checked inside before opening the door and pulling off his mask.

"Come on, let's go"He gestured for the Immunes to get out while we opened the rest of the doors.

"Come on, you guys are okay"I held the door open as they cautiously came out of the cells.

"The vault. How do I get in?"Gally held a gun to the soldier's neck.

"You can't"He panted. Gally ignored him, bringing his bag of explosives to the vault door.

"Guys, this might take some time"He called out.

"Shit. He's not here"Thomas checked the empty cells before turning to Teresa"Where is he?"

She checked the computer base as we stripped the soldiers for the ammo"Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building"

"Okay, take me to him. Right now"He grabbed Teresa's arm.

"Alright I'm coming with you"Newt loaded his gun.

"Newt, no you're not"Thomas picked up his helmet"You have to stay here, wait with Gally for the serum"

"You can't do this on your own Thomas. Minho comes first, remember?"I said, coming to Newt's defense"I'll stay with Gally, you guys bring Minho back"I gave Newt a quick hug and kissed his cheek before staring at him worriedly, ignoring the burning gaze of Gally's eyes"Stay safe"He nodded at me before slipping on his mask.

"Just go! We're wasting time, we'll meet you out back"Gally yelled out.

"Alright let's go"Thomas nodded.

"Hey Greenie"They turned back to Gally"Good luck"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~