Touched by and A-ngel

Walking with Amir through the parking lot to his car he presses the unlock button and a black Chrysler 300 lights up. We approach the car and I open the door to get in.

"Anything you wanna hear?" He asks me as he fixes his mirror and connects his phone to the aux cord.

"No" I say low as I buckle up and he starts playing his music.

As he pulls out of the schools parking lot he asks if I can stop somewhere with him.

I get a weird feeling but I shake it off and nod my head yes. He lets the windows down and my hair and his braids begin flying everywhere as he takes the high way just driving.

"Relax" he says laughing as he places a hand on my knee. "I'm not gonna hurt you" he says laughing.

I take a deep breathe as he slows down a little and starts crusing on the highway. The music changes to R&B and I begin controlling my breathing. I glance over at him and see the sun shining on his skin. I haven't noticed before but he has rich skin, almost like opening fresh chocolate frosting and seeing it so perfectly swirled at the top. He notices me staring as he smiles and asks "you like this song?"

I smile back as I focus on the lyrics and begin bobbing my head.
"Ah! there we go" he smiles at me as he bobs along.

"Rolling with the ho-mies" he laughs while making his hand into a wave motion

I follow his actions and do it too as we both laugh doing it. he exits the high way and begins driving on the streets. We pull up to a house and he parks in the driveway and tells me to come on.

I grab my bag, getting out the car looking around the neighborhood. he locks the doors and I follow behind him to the house where he unlocks the front door letting me in then locking it back.

I stand at the door looking around the house at all the paintings and family photos.

"Is this your house?" I ask as I look at the picture of him and 2 girls.

"Yeah" he says reading the note left on the table as he walks into the kitchen. I follow behind him as I see him grab money off the counter sitting the note down. I hear him sigh as I walk closer to the table and glance at the note.

"Went to work early
Didn't get a chance to cook
Left money in kitchen
See you in the morning
-Mom"

I sit at the table and watch as he grabs a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Want one?"

"No thanks" I say hugging my bag.

"Come on"

I get up and follow him up the stairs as we pass a lot of art work.

"Did you paint these?" I ask