There's No Place Like Homecoming

"Amber?" I say squinting my eyes looking at her as she turns around. She looks different for some reason.

"Abdul" she says stepping forward. We look at each other before she embraces me in a hug almost knocking me down.

I laugh as I smell her hair. This is new sensation I think as I hug her back feeling her squeezing me.

"You're really here" she cries as I look at her.

"I've been here?" I say confused as I laugh a little.

"No I mean in the flesh" she says wiping her eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's me. Amber" She says

"Yeah.. I know" I say.

She takes a deep breath as she says "please sit down" motioning for me to take a seat

I see a bucket in the corner as I turn it upside down and take a seat. I look at her as she cusps her hands together before she sighs.

"I'm really here Abdul" she says pacing in front of me.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's kinda hard to explain, but it's me. I'm here. I'm Alive"

I look at her as I start to laugh. I laugh harder and louder as I see she's she's not laughing with me. I see she's not joking as I realize Amber is really standing in front of me.

"Shit! Holy shit!!" I scream as I back up knocking the bucket over.

"Abdul calm down" she says stepping forward.

"This isn't real" I say as I she steps toward me. I turn and walk out of the shed and collide into a body as I see Amir fall holding his head.

He looks at me and then at Amber and says "who's your friend?" before he throws up.

I look over at her "you're really here?" I ask her.

"I'm really here" she says nodding her head with tears in her eyes.

"Grrrrrrggggghhhh" we hear as we look at Amir throwing up more.

We both scrunch our faces up as I walk over to him and turn Amir over and pat his back as he starts throwing up whatever he ate and whatever all alcohol I seen him drinking.

"I have to go Abdul" she says walking back in and grabbing the book and a box.

"What no!" I tell her as Amir throws up more and I feel a wetness on my hand. I look at my hand and gag.

"Ugh really Amir?!"

"Look, It's really hard to explain" she says.

"Just give me a second" I tell her. I pat Amir's pockets and take his car keys out. "Can you drive?" I ask her and she nods. I help Amir up as she puts her hood on and helps hold his other side up as we walk to the parking lot.