Someone To Watch Over Me

Since the other day when I smoked with Amir for the first time I haven't really talked to him. I didn't bother texting him and he hasn't reached out to me. He stopped sitting near me in class and for the rest of the week I've been getting my lunch and going straight to the library.

I'm kinda upset over this because I thought I finally had friends. Growing up I was always an introvert who kept to myself. I just like being alone. I was kinda foolish to think the boyfriend of the popular girl in school would want to be my friend let alone me being friends with the popular kids.

As I'm eating my salad something catches the corner of my eye. I look into the book shelves and I don't see anyone so I resume eating. Lately I feel like I've been going crazy. I feel like someone is watching me, then I had the dream about Amber and that random paper was in my pocket. I see a white figure past me as I look up and see a dress move through the book shelves.

I get up and walk that direction as a book falls and I pick it up. I flip it over and it says 'Lord of The Flies.' I open the book cover and see the stamp on the inside and one of the names of the previous renters says Amber Taylor. I flip though the book and a note falls out. I pick it up and unfold it and it reads

"THOUGHT YOU NEEDED A LITTLE PUSH, SO I PUSHED "SEND" FOR YOU - A"

I'm confused at the note until I hear someone yell "yoooo" followed by a shhh.

I hurry and put the note into my pocket and the book back on the shelf as I walk down the aisle and I walk into Amir.

"Wassup" he smiles as I ignore him and go to grab my stuff from the table. He stops me as push the lid down on my food.

"Where you going?" He asks sitting on the edge of the table.

"What do you want Amir"

"You texted me so Wassup"

"I didn't text–"

Then I remember the note I got and I unlock my phone and the message is there. "Please come to the library, we need to talk."

I sigh before taking a seat and he sits across from me.

"Do you eat salad everyday?" He asks looking at my food

"Yeah the school doesn't have a lot of options for non meat eaters"

"You don't eat meat?"

"I'm pescatarian"

"So you only eat fish?"

"I'll eat seafood and turkey but only sometimes"

"Oh okay. That's cool" he says sitting back tapping his fingers on the desk. 

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks me after we sit in silence for a minute.

"Why have you been ignoring me?"

"I wasn't"

"You don't sit near me in class, and I haven't seen you since that night" I say harder than what I wanted to. He looks at me then starts smiling.

"You missed me?"

I roll my eyes before reaching for my water bottle. He snatches it and takes a sip and tells me to answer his question.

"Yes. Now give me my water back"

He tells me no before saying "I missed you too. I'm sorry, I was kinda mad"

"Mad about what?"

"Shhhh!" We hear.

"I'll tell you later" he says getting up and leaving the library.