17 | how they met

Third Person

"Well, I figured we should talk about some stuffs. You know, how have you been and if you guys are getting along well," Minseo smiled. Soobin can practically feel his cold sweat dripping down his forehead. What if she tells something she shouldn't? He hopes his mom would shut her mouth. It's been years, there's no way she would tell her that. Knowing that Dana has been through a lot, he silently wished she would keep it cool.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Choi. Soobin has been nice to me since I moved in. Also, I am very sorry if I ever cause you trouble. You know, I live in your son's house; any mother wouldn't want someone living in their child's property," Dana smiled. She feels embarrassed thinking about living with Soobin.

A thought just came in her head. Ever since she moved in, he never talked to her about the bills inside the house. Is he planning on letting her live there for free? Hell no, that's not going to happen.

"I told you to call me aunt. Also, no, it's okay. I'm actually glad that you decided to live with Soobin. You know, you guys never get along when you were kids," Minseo smiled at her as she reminisce about how they would often tease each other. Time flies by really fast.

"Speaking about kids. If it's okay, can I ask how was I when I was a kid? I mean, I don't really remember anything so . . ." Dana chuckles. She wanted to ask Minseo about her past since she seemed like she knew a lot about her. The only thing Dana remembers is that she wasn't allowed to go outside and that Hansol was always with her.

Minseo cleared her throat before taking a glance at Soobin who seemed nervous. There's no way his mom would actually tell Dana about the past, right? He mentally nods as he continues to eat. He's hoping she doesn't tell anything.

"Alright then. I feel like I should tell you how you guys met each other. It all started when Hansol, you know him right?" Dana nods. She had waited a long time for this. Her grandma doesn't really say much about her when she was little and now, she can finally have some knowledge about her past self. Now that the time has come, she can't help but feel nervous and happy at the same time.

Who was Dana Jung back then?

-

[pretend they are talking in Korean]

"Where could he be? Ah I'm starting to feel tired," Little Hansol mumbled to himself as he keeps on walking; trying to find his cousin Soobin whom he's playing hide and seek with.

Hansol has been looking for him for the past 3 minutes. Soobin's really good at hiding, he thought. He continued walking, thinking that Soobin was hiding somewhere in the park since it was located just in front of where they live.

As he got there, He didn't saw Soobin and saw a little girl crying instead. Her hair was tied in a ponytail and she was holding a teddy in her hand. Hansol immediately ran home upon seeing the girl. When he got home, he called his aunt, Soobin's mom, Minseo to tell her that he just saw a girl crying.

They then walked to the park to see that the little girl's still there. Her face was all covered in tears. They have no idea why she was crying so Minseo went to her with Hansol following behind her.

"Hey little girl, what's wrong?" She asked, gently stroking her back.

The girl kept crying while pointing behind them. Minseo looked at her weirdly. Did she saw a ghost? Minseo took a glance behind her and there she saw her son, Soobin with red puffy eyes.

"Oh my! What happened to you?" Minseo asked, shocked to see his son crying too. What happened to them? Did they fought?

Soobin didn't answer his mom, instead he glared at the crying little girl. Minseo knew Soobin did something 'cause there's that glare he always gives whenever he gets into a fight with someone.

"Soobin, what did you do?" She looked at Soobin in the eyes, she can practically see him tearing up.

"That—that girl bumped into me," He said while still glaring at the little girl. The little girl's cry gets even louder.

"No! I was waiting for my grandma to pick me up and you suddenly came up running and pushed me away! You even told me I was in your way?! You're mean. I hate you!" The girl yelled. Minseo was shocked that the girl speaks a rather foreign language.

"See? Mom, she's weird! What's she talking about? I don't even know what she's saying!The only thing I understood is that she hates me. Hey you! You know what? I hate you too!" Soobin galred at the little girl before running away, whilst the girl's sobs got louder.