I gulp loudly and start fidgeting with my pen nervously.

"Do you- do you have any idea who it might have been?" My voice comes out hoarse and I clear my throat.

"No." Yuri chuckled quietly. "But you can bet your pink panties I'll find out."

"Probably he got involved in a club fight." Celine tapped with her fingers on the table nonchalantly. "Stupid boys do that. Nothing new."

"Tsk." Yuri clicked her tongue pensively. "I have a feeling that this is something else. I bet it's gonna be good. You know I have eyes and ears everywhere so we'll find out soon enough."

The brunette gave us a sly smirk before looking at her phone.

"Damn it." She cussed, annoyed. "Looks like I won't have time for more chat. I'm running late for my Intro to... something class." She sighed. "See you girls later. Mwah!"

Blowing us a kiss, she picked up her pace towards the exit of the cafeteria, bumping into several people on the way there. We waved back at her stiffly.

"Well," Celine let out her breath loudly as though she was holding it back the whole time. "This was an interesting conversation. I hope she doesn't get to the bottom of this."

I nodded slowly. If the whole faculty found out it was Taehyung who beat up Jaebum in order to protect me, everyone would hate Taehyung because opposed to his true character, Jaebum was a popular and well-liked person among people. He was smooth, charming and handsome. Almost everyone liked him.

On the other hand, I was fairly certain that because of that, they'd think that it was me that somehow asked for him to molest me, or that I was "begging for it", or "gave him the wrong idea", and somehow he'd turn out to be the victim in the end and me and Taehyung the ones at fault. I shivered at the thought of that.

Deep in my thoughts, I forgot that I had another class in just five minutes.

"Gotta go." I almost jumped in my seat, making Celine flinch at my sudden movement. "I'll be late. Talk to you later."

She waved goodbye as I turned around and started hurriedly walking towards the corridor. The reality had abruptly pulled me out of my daydreaming state. Floating happily in the bliss of my mind, I had completely forgotten other threats that were hanging over my head.

Like Jaebum.

I started lightly jogging through the halls that were now almost empty. Everyone was in class already, making the clacking of my boots the only sound in the hollow space.

Someone's large and cold palm on my wrist made me freeze in my spot, chasing away all the air in my lungs. I was completely stupefied, not being able to move an inch.

"In a hurry, are we?" The deep baritone sent cold chills throughout my spine, making me turn around slowly, my body as stiff as ever.

His face looked even worse than I had pictured it. The edema had taken over half of his usually perfect and handsome face, giving him a frightening and intimidating look.

"Jaebum." I mumbled under my breath, trying to keep my cool. "Let go of me, I have somewhere to be."

My attempt at pulling my hand away from his grip was met with a miserable fail. Instead, he pulled me roughly behind a corner, so that we weren't standing in the middle of the hall anymore.

I inhaled deeply, preparing myself to scream as loud as I can this time if he tries something again.

"You're not going anywhere until I say you do." Jaebum snarled, his grip on my wrist now painfully tight.