His warm gaze starts to get under my skin and I feel my body's temperature going higher by the minute. It's like I'm under a spell.

"I wish we'd never leave this bed," Taehyung whispers softly.

"Well, we could, but there are still some daily necessities, like food, water, taking a shower..." I laugh.

He leans in towards me, giving me a sweet kiss on the mouth, taking my lower lip in between his, nibbling on it. I let out a small moan just before he pulls away.

My thoughts start racing through my head and I feel a compelling urge to put them into words.

"Taehyung," I tilt my head to my right, shyly looking down, "This might make you cringe, but I feel like I've known you all my life."

His expression softens, visibly relieved that what I was about to tell him was nothing like our talk the other day.

"It doesn't." He simply says, his mouth breaking into a wide grin.

"What I did to you the other day was awful." I continue, my voice shaking. "I didn't want to hurt you, but I think I might have ended up doing just that. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Taehyung rubs the back of my neck with his thumb gently.

"Shhh." He shushes me as though I was a sobbing child, his warm eyes pull the most tender strings of my heart. "Don't think about it anymore. It's forgiven. It doesn't matter now."

I'm a couple of seconds away from bursting into tears, the way he comforts me even though it was me that hurt him just makes my stomach turn.

"All that matters is now." He adds, caressing the soft skin on my clavicle with his other hand in a loving manner.

With the corner of my mind, I realize how oblivious I was to his feelings, blinded by my suffocating desire to find Jungkook. While I was frantically running in circles, Taehyung was there for me from the beginning, but I couldn't or didn't want to acknowledge him. I was so, so stupid, I think to myself, not realizing what I was putting him through.

Not willing to let go of something that had already slipped through my fingers, I didn't see what was right in front of me.

That's on me for being a stubborn brat.

My mind quickly jumps towards the events of last night. I had never experienced anything like this, it was like not only me and Taehyung's bodies collided but also our souls. It was like magic. Being with him made me feel so light, so free. I was on cloud nine the whole time since I had woken up, not being able to pull my eyes away from his. Going back, I never would have thought that kind of passion could ignite between us.

But then again, back then I was still with Jungkook, very much in love with him.

I wasn't trying to put a parallel between these two or compare, but deep in my soul, I was reminded that these type of heart-to-heart conversations were more of a rare occurrence rather than a regular experience with Jungkook.

I was partly horrified at the thought that his face was beginning to fade away even more and more in my mind, but also I was kind of thankful that the pain was slowly diminishing.

"Moreover I think you already made it up to me." Taehyung jokes and it instantly lightens the mood, pulling me out of my sulking. He tiptoes with his fingers on my chest, playfully heading towards my lower abdomen. I shudder at his touch and automatically hold my breath.

"If you continue, I think we really won't leave the bed anytime soon." I exhale heavily.

Taehyung gives me a playful smirk as his thumb rubs the lower part of my tummy. His eyes glisten for a moment as if he's suddenly remembering something.

"Just a second." He says and gets up hurriedly, heading towards the shelves on his bedroom wall. I get up, pressing the bedsheets towards my chest, wondering what he's doing.

"Found it." He mumbles under his nose, pulling out something I had seen before in that very same room.

"This is for you," Taehyung says as he returns back in the bed next to me, handing me over something. I lower my gaze towards his hand and my eyes fall on the same beautiful painting I had seen the first time I was in his room, the night after he had rescued me from Jaebum's claws. Taehyung had brushed it off then, not giving me a lot of time to look at it and saying it was just a sketch, but now it seemed like it had been finished.

I glanced at him, his cheeks had slightly blushed and he had a shy look in his eyes.

I take the painting in my trembling hands, my fingertips caressing the colored surface. The girl on the painting was still the same with her beautiful facial features, her deep coffee brown orbs, and her slightly sad smile. The colors on her red dress though that was transforming into a fascinating blossomed rose were enhanced and gave the painting a feeling of certain burning passion and desire.

"I finished it the other day after we... talked." Taehyung smiled crookedly after making a small pause, then he offered me a hopeful look. "Do you like it?"

"I'm completely in love with it," I said under my breath, not being able to raise my gaze from the painting. I shivered at the striking resemblance between me and the girl. In the back of my mind I realized, maybe, in the end, it would turn out that Celine was right about Taehyung having feelings for me long ago before I could notice.

I bit my lower lip, clenching my jaw at the thought of him having to endure seeing me with Jungkook day after day. I glance at him, but I dare not ask that question.

"I want you to keep it. There's a message on the back." He pointed, flipping the painting over.

"After having breathed her fire, normal air won't do."

"Oh, God." I gasp sharply, my heart picking up its' pace. "Taehyung, this is... I don't know what to say." My voice starts to shake and as much as I try to fight them, tears start to appear in my eyes. "I'm so touched. It's beautiful. It's the best gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you."

Taehyung gives me a shy smile, cupping my cheeks in his palms.

"You deserve all the best things in the world." He whispers before pulling me in for the most exciting and passionate kiss that makes my legs weak, making me turn into a poodle in his arms.