What's so frustrating though is that I have tried very hard to bury Aiden in my past. I've tried to feel those butterflies with Finn, to feel that zap run through me when he holds my hand or kisses me but it's just not there. It makes me wonder if what I felt for Aiden was love and I was just to inexperienced to recognize it. Regardless whatever it was it's over now, not meant to be.

Sitting in Tia's bathroom, I looked in the mirror as she styled my hair for my evening out. Normally I do my own hair but tonight was kinda a big deal. There was a underground cocktail mixer for men from different organizations. Of course deals and business would be discuss but Finn isn't allowed to make any without my Pape's or Demarcos permission. Finn and a few other men will sit in on this one just to listen and inform the kings of anything suspicious. Naturally there will be some big name men there but my Pape and uncle have more important matters to tend to tonight. However as a Harper\Butini I will be representing them. I won't be making any deals or such but this is my first queenish outing so I must look my best. It's important to represent my family well. There will be many people there eager to catch a glimpse of a future Harper queen. When Finn picked me up I emerged wearing a red dress accompanied with black stilettos. He raked his eye's over my body with appreciation then escorted me away.

Soon as I entered the conference hall all eye's were upon me. Many people tried to snare my attention or lead me on in com but I knew how to handle it with grace or venom, whichever I needed. This is what I've trained for all my life, I was ready.

Hours passed and I begin to find most topics full even though Finn seemed to be in his element. Needing a break as well as a fresh drink, I excused myself. I decided to hang around the bar for a bit to have a change in scenery. I was nearly done with my drink when something all too familiar caught my eye. Down a narrow hall off to the right of the bar stood a lone figure. He seemed to be peeping at me but I couldn't make out any features due to the darkened shadows. Something about this seemed fishy and I decided to investigate. Slipping from the bar stool, I went ahead a secretly unfastened the knife ban around my thigh. I wanted to be ready just in case.

By the time I made it to the hall the person had vanished. Against my better judgement, I ventured further down the hall out of everyone's view. What I discovered didn't seem to surprising. Lined down the hall was room's... Bedrooms to be percise. Laughing at myself I turned to go. Naturally people would be hooking up here and the stranger was probably waiting for someone to join them. As I begin my trek down the hall a door opened up rather fastly. Immediately I prepared for an attack but laughed with a half naked man came barreling out as two naked women laid sprawled across the bed. The man went back into the room and I snickered as I begin to walk again. That's when a hand snaked around my mouth from behind me and I was drug into a empty room. The door locked behind me and my attacked removed his hand. Whirling around I was ready to kill but stopped short when I saw who it was. "What are you thinking?" I demanded pissed.

" Didnt anyone every tell you to never let your guard down. So disappointing for a Harper".

"Aiden, what do you want?" I asked more calmly and he laughed.

"You can't fool me. Looks like they have you all dolled up again. You look like shit wildflower. And what's up, where's that attitude I know so well? You can't change Mizery. No matter what you wear, how you act, I know what lies in that kind of yours".

" You don't know shit Aiden. Now get outta my way so I can go".

"Fight me Mizery".

I rolled my eye's. "And they call me crazy". I added sarcastically.

" Hit me bitch. You know you want to or have they forced you into a ninny. I mean hell you're letting them dictate who you date might as well bow down completely. " Aiden roared the burst out laughing.