Ch. 2 Wonder Woman.

"Same nightmares?"

"What? How did you know?"

"Look at you, Cole." Gina opened my locker door up more for me to see the mirror she tackily stuck on the inside at the beginning of the year. "You look like death incarnate."

"Oh, ha ha." I scrunched my face at her. "Yes, it's those same stupid nightmares. I hate them. I hate him. All of them."

"I know, honey, get some rest. Nap time is next period in Tsuki's class. She's absent and there's a sub, get as much sleep in as you can. I'll see you next period, yeah?" She kissed the air and strode away. "Nancy's back too, so tell her not to talk your ear off while you sleep!" She laughed down the hall.

"Stupid.. it's so stupid. I'm seventeen. Who the hell still has nightmares at seventeen?" I grumbled, slamming my locker door closed. "Jesus!" I dropped my book before I could get it in my bag.

But it never hit the ground.

"Gotta be quicker than that."

I looked up and was met with those bright brown eyes from yesterday. Only this time, there was no crowd, and those eyes were right in front of me.

"Uh, thanks." I tried not to look like a deer in headlights.

"Ah, don't mention it. Just a book." She quirked half her lips into a crooked smile.

"I, uh, I'm-"

"Cole, right?" She finally showed teeth as she smiled at me up close, and to my surprise, they weren't crooked. Just her smile.

"Yeah.. right. We have, um, English together." I slowly made for the book. "You're a Clay right?"

She chuckled, running a hand through her locks to push them from her eyes after handing my book over. "Yeah, I'm a Clay. Gwen, specifically." She arched a confident brow.

"Gwen, huh?" Not what I was expecting. Gwyneth? Gwenette? Guinevere? Or just Gwen? Hmm..

"Judging?" She smirked, leaning against the lockers. "Didn't peg you for that."

"Oh, no. I just.. my bad." I shook my head at myself. "I can't judge with a name like mine."

"Who names a little lady Cole anyways?" Her tone was always so cool, easy. Her voice not soft as far as being a whisper, but simply coming from her lips with an such an ease I'd never seen perfected so effortlessly before in all my life.

"It's short for Nichole." I eyed her, trying to focus on her words and not just the sound of them like some.. crazy person. "Cole is better."

"Never said it wasn't, doll." She smiled. "Do you mind?" She nodded upward in my direction.

I was confused for a moment, but then I realized why she had even been standing there in the first place.

"Sorry, didn't realize this was your locker." I moved out of the way. "Well, see you, uh.. in English." I started to hurry away.

"It was nice.. meeting you.. officially." I heard her chuckle in the distance as I made a point to put some distance between us.

"What's up with you, sleepyhead?"

"Just that.." I mumbled from under my arms. "I'm sleepy. So shhh, Nance."

"What was that all about in the hallway?" She questioned me anyways.

"Gina?" I mumbled.

"No, Wonder Woman."

I quirked my head up then. "What the hell are you talking about, Nancy?"

"You know.. sculpted from clay, brought to life by Zeus? That Wonder Woman, except Green Grove's is strawberry blonde." She giggled.

Oh, right..

"Clay girl." She nudged me.

"Her name's Gwen." I turned my head away from her, laying it back down in my crossed arms.

"Ahhhh, so you and her are officially on first name basis? I likeeee it." She nodded her head up and down in a dance move kind of way.

I snapped my head up. "You know, Gina specifically made sure to tell me not to let you talk my head off."

"Gina, Shmina." She flicked her hand through the air. "I wasn't here for her first day. I need to be caught up to speed. I'm assuming you two got close, given how close up on you She was in the hall." She wiggles her brows at me. "Did you tour her?"

"Ugh." I shook my head. "Today was my first time really meeting her, let alone having a.. conversation," If that's what you want to call it. "With her. No tour. I'd rather stab my eyes out with number two's."

"Jeez, why so hostile?" She made a face. "She's sex on a bike. You don't have to dig chicks to feel that coming off her in waves."

"April kissed me, not the other way around. And it was a long time ago."

"Hey, you brought it up." She perked up, but I could see something else in her eyes. "I'm just saying, I may have a thing for someone else, but let Wonder Woman make a pass at me and that someone else might just come second fiddle." She elbowed me encouragingly.

"Can I sleep now?" I was so not interested in having this conversation.

"What did she say? Does she want to be friends?"

"I have enough friends between you, Gina, and John. And John had to move." I said exasperatedly. "And all she basically said was that I had a weird name and was in the way of her locker. Can I sleep nooow?" I questioned.

"Ugh, fine." She stood.

"Where the hell are you going?"

"I'm bored, you're a zombie right now, and I want to be the judge of her leather."

"Are you sure you and Gina aren't related?"

"What?" She laughed. "Don't tell me she beat me to it? What about her helmet, did she already get to try it on too?" She seemed genuinely upset that she might've beat her to it.

I groaned, turning my head back around. "Bye, Nance." I closed my eyes, envisioning strawberries and vanilla.