Chapter 5 - Pain and Pleasure

=-Jerome's POV-=

After a few minutes of having my head against Mitch's, I hear my mom at the door.. shit.. We both give each other the same scared look.

"Mitch and Jerome! Jerome's mom is here to take him home!" Mitch's mom yells from downstairs.

"Shit.. I don't wanna go! She'll probably hurt me!" I exclaim.

"Shh.. Biggums.. If you get scared.. or think she's gonna hurt you.. come down here.. just keep me updated on what's happening ok?" He says and kisses my forehead.

I nod, get up slowly, and go downstairs.

"Oh Jerome! Hello honey! Come on, let's go home." My mom says, pretending to be nice sense she's in front of Mitch's mom. She takes my arm, and takes me outside, across the street, and into the house. What happened next was a blur. All I know is that my mom had beaten me..

*******

I wake up in the hospital with a major headache, pain in my knee and in my wrist. I look to the side and see Mitch holding my hand, looking very worried.

"Jerome! You're awake!" Mitch whispers happily.

I can tell he's been crying though.. His face was all red and his eyes were still wet..

"I'm ok biggums.." I say weakly but I can tell he doesn't believe it.

"I'm so sorry this happened.. We got it taken care of though.. Your mom's in jail for child abuse.." Mitch tells me. That's got to be the greatest news I've ever heard!

I smile at him and he kisses me. When he kissed me, all the pain went away and I felt like we were the only two on Earth.. It was so wonderful.. I never wanted it to end..

When he pulled away the pain started to kick in and I closed my eyes in pain.

Mitch sighs, "I'm so so sorry.. You sprained your knee and wrist.. and lost a little blood.. I went over there when I saw your mom leave.. I'm so sorry.." He was getting close to crying again.

"Mitch.. It's not your fault.. I'm ok.. Trust me.." I told him and he nodded.

I sat up in the bed and patted the bed next to me, mentally telling him to sit down.

When he sat next to me, I hugged him with my only good hand and he hugged me like he hasn't seen my in years. I smiled and so did he. Just having him with me was enough to keep the pain away.