20

A/N

Hello dear lovelies!! Second to last chapter. I'm going to try and make this one long. Like rly long. So yeah, the last chapter is gonna be really short so I figured hey, let's make this one long to make you guys happy. Not happy actually. This chapter ends sad.

Happy ending? Never heard of it.

-IF

-----

"It's football season Tony!" Steve said excitedly. It was Sunday and Steve was getting his football equipment together for tomorrow's tryouts.

"Maybe you shouldn't tryout... Remember last time? Ha, that's ironic." Tony said as he wrote down a math equation on his sheet of homework. This year he can graduate early, since he's taking all the classes that have the credits he needs in the first semester.

"Tony, you worry too much." Steve said putting his cleats in the gym bag.

"No I don't 'worry too much', it's not worrying enough." Steve groaned.

"You sound like my mom." Steve said after her zipped up his bag and set it beside the front door. He put his shoulder pads beside the bag and walked to sit beside Tony at the kitchen table.

"Well Steve, what happened last time wasn't exactly paradise for me. In case you don't remember I overdosed because you didn't know who I was." Tony's eyes brimmed with tears but he blinked them away.

"I know."

"I don't really feel comfortable with you trying out, Steve. I'm sorry but I don't think that's the best idea. That and didn't the doctors say something about never playing again?" Steve chuckled at Tony's lie.

"No Tony, they didn't say I could never play again. I'm going to tryout." Steve kissed Tony's cheek and rested his head in his palm.

"Then I'll just use the suit."

"Tony you know I told you I don't like you using that thing."

"You know I don't want you to tryout, but you're going to." Tony stopped doing his homework to look at Steve.

"These are completely different things-"

"No they aren't, Steve. You said you don't like me flying around in my Iron Man suit because it's dangerous. Well football is dangerous too and I don't want you to tryout." Tony sighed and picked up his pencil and started his homework again.

"Alright. Fine." Steve said standing up.

"You're not trying out?" Tony asked. He looked up at Steve and he shook his head. He picked up his gym bag and shoulder pads and brought them to his room. Steve came back to the kitchen and kissed the top of Tony's head.

"Don't use the suit." Steve said, and Tony nodded his head. Tony finished his homework and told Steve goodbye before he left to go home. He hadn't used the suit since Steve and him had gotten together, and he promised he wouldn't ever use it.

Monday was slow. It was both Steve and Tony's least favorite day of the week. It was most people's least favorite day of the week actually. It was always so boring and uneventful. There were always pop quizzes and a lot of extra note taking. Steve didn't tryout as promised, and he was really upset about that. He went to watch the tryouts, and saw that all the boys there were little and could barely catch the ball.

"We need some super glue!" Steve had yelled from the bleachers. The captains were the only ones that could actually do anything good, and that was only three players. Steve was a captain last year, and all the big, good players were seniors and a couple juniors. He was actually kind of glad he didn't tryout -even if he would definitely make it- he wouldn't have to play the game and get beat by the other team so badly. So maybe there was some good out of him not trying out.