16

Short chapters mean cliff hangers.

Vote comment share

-IF

-----

Steve left Tony without saying goodbye. It was just like losing his parents again. No goodbye, and they were gone forever. Steve wouldn't want to talk to Tony anymore anyway. It wasn't his fault Steve made out with Tony's used-to-be best friend. Tony was doing what he felt was right. This was right... Right? Tony walked downstairs an hour after he old Steve it was over and saw a note on the kitchen counter. He picked it up and read the first couple sentences.

"Tony,

I understand that what you did was for a good reason. I've left already and I'm back home, and I also understand if you don't want to talk to me..."

He rolled his eyes and balled up the paper. He couldn't read it anymore. Tony threw it in the direction of the trash can, not caring if he missed it or not. One person can ruin so much in so little time. Tony was going to pay Bucky a visit. And now.

He was at Bucky's house fairly quickly. Tony banged on the door and Bucky's mother answered. She smiled at Tony and he put on a sarcastic smile.

"Tony! How nice it is to see you! I haven't seen you since we moved." Christina; Bucky's mother, said.

"Yeah, uh, can I speak to Bucky?" Tony asked crossing his arms.

"Yes dear, he's upstairs on the first right. It's good to see you again." She said stepping inside. Tony followed behind her and closed the door behind himself.

"Yeah, you too Christina." Tony said jogging up the stairs. He knocked on the door on the first right and waited for an answer. After a couple seconds Bucky opened the door and smiled.

"Oh hey Tony." He said stepping to the side and gesturing for Tony to enter his room.

"Bucky, we need to talk," Tony was doing all he could to keep his tears in, "You got in the way with me and Steve's relationship and," He choked trying to keep the tears back, and all at once they came. God he was a mess, it's only been an hour.

"...and we aren't together anymore because of you." Tony choked up. Bucky was speechless. He didn't know what to say, more like what should he say? Was he really sorry about that? Did he really care?

"Tony I- uh... I'm sorry." He didn't sound too convincing.

"I don't know what to do." They both said at the same time. Tony rolled his eyes, which burned from tears and walked out of the room. Bucky ruined the only good thing in Tony's life. Tony walked back slowly to his beach house, kicking sand with each step. His shoulders were slumped, his head was hung down. Tony took his phone out of his pocket and pressed the home button to check the time. Only he didn't look at the time, he looked at the background. Tony on Steve's back, both smiling like they had no worries. Tony regretted suggesting they should go to the campfire. It seemed it always ended badly. He had no one to go to. No mother, no father. He had no real friends, and just then, he realized how lonely he really was. Tony wasn't lonely before because he had Steve and Sarah. But Sarah came with Steve, and now that he pushed Steve away, he pushed Sarah with him.

Tony slammed the door behind him and stopped in the middle of the living room.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!" He yelled at the the top of his lungs. He fell to his knees and slumped into the couch.

What have I done?

-

The next day Tony left the beach to go home. There was no point in staying alone. He drove the entire time back home without any breaks. When Tony got inside he threw his bags to the side and kicked off his shoes. He laid down on the couch and fell asleep, trying to forget about Steve.