19

A/N hello dear readers! the end is coming ever so close, and you guys are going to hate me so much. I've decided I'm not going to do a sequel, with the way I'm ending it. So yeah, you're going to have to live with the ending and create your own head canon for the rest. The last chapter is going to be between chapter 20-30 so yeah, it's so close I can taste the feels, and the salty tears. alright I'm sure you guys won't cry at the ending, but it's not going to be a happy one. Lots of stories end happily, and lots don't. This one lands in the "lots don't" category. Sorry for the sort of long author's note, but here's chapter 19

-IF

-----

Steve walked home after Tony left him at the sidewalk. He felt horrible, worse than when he got home after the beach, worse than the week he was depressed. Peggy helped dig Steve up from the depths of depression. He walked in his house and threw his book bag across the living room.

"Steven!" Sarah yelled as she stood up. Steve looked at her with red eyes and her expression softened. She hugged him and he cried into her shoulder.

"Steve what's wrong?" She asked.

"Tony..." He said and that's all he needed to say for Sarah to understand what happened. He went to his room and curled up in a ball on his bed.

Steve didn't go to school the next day.

Tony felt bad for saying what he said. He felt even worse after he saw Steve didn't go to school the day after. Tony wanted all of this fighting to end, he wanted to tell Steve that he stilled loved him, and that he still wanted to be with him. Maybe if Tony asked Steve for one more chance, he would get that chance. It would never hurt to try, right? Tony decided after school he would visit Steve and try to fix this mess. He canceled the date with Pepper, he told her he wasn't interested in her anymore. Tony walked up to Steve's front porch and knocked on the door, and Steve answered it with puffy red eyes. His mom was at work and there were tissues all around the couch. 

"Can i come in?" Tony asked, looking at his hands. Steve grunted and left the door open and went to sit back on the couch. Tony walked in and closed the front door behind himself.

"So..." Tony said, sitting beside Steve on the couch. He started twiddling his thumbs. 

"I broke it off with Pepper." Tony said. Steve stayed quiet. 

"I'm sorry Steve, I don't know why did what I did. I'm sorry, and i was wondering if we could have another chance?" Tony said hopefully.  

"We?" Steve said after a moment to think. Tony looked up at Steve for the first time he got there to see Steve looking at him confused. 

"We both messed up." Tony stated simply. They had both messed up, and Steve knew this. Maybe they should try again. Steve smiled for the first time that day and hugged Tony. 

"Yeah, let's try again." They broke apart from the hug and kissed passionately. Everything was better, everything was back to the way it was since the beach incident. Steve called Peggy that night and told her he didn't want a relationship anymore. They were still friends, and they both liked being friends better anyways. Steve would still go to her house and vice versa. Steve's mom got home late that night and saw Steve and Tony cuddled on the couch and smiled.  The next day Steve and Tony walked into school holding hands, and everyone whispered when they walked by. They didn't care if it was good or bad, they were happy. They went their separate ways for class and met back up at lunch after first and second period. Steve and Tony were truly happy after all summer and part of the school year.

Everything would be shattered in a short amount of time, and he would have to make him fall in love with him all over again.