4

When Steve got home he got out the piece of paper and put the number into his phone. For the contact name he put "Tony", and texted him.

Hey is this Tony? It's Steve.

No sorry, wrong number, 'Steve'.

Oh ok sorry for bothering you...

Haha you're such a dork, of course it's me Steve.

You're really smooth, Tony.

What do you mean??

The way you gave me your number.. real smooth. xD

Oh so you liked the way I gave you my number?

You could have just asked for it you know..

For the rest of the night until Steve got tired, they texted. Their best friendship was growing into something more, and they both knew it too.

Steve woke up, and did his morning routine, eager to see Tony once he got to school. He got ready for school as fast as he could. It was nice talking to Tony all night. It's great, having someone to talk to all night, knowing they'll be there in the morning.

When Steve got to school he frowned when Tony didn't make it to first period. "It's ok, he'll show up to lunch. I'm sure of it." He thought as he laid his head down on his desk, and went to sleep for the rest of the period.

When Steve got to lunch he was disappointed to see that Tony hadn't come to school at all. Lunch was boring without Tony and Steve had never realized how much Tony made his day. The day went by so slow Steve thought he would die before it was over.

Steve decided to head to Tony's house right after school, to see if he was alright. He got to Tony's house and knocked on the door. Steve heard sobbing on the other side, and the lock click. What he saw broke his heart.

A sobbing Tony with puffy red eyes, and a blanket wrapped around him.

"Tony!! Are y-" Steve was cut off to Tony lunging at him and hugging him while his blanket fell to the ground, and cried uncontrollably into Steve's shoulder. He wrapped his arms around Tony tightly, and let him cry as long as he needed.

After about ten minutes of Tony crying into Steve's shoulder he pried him off and asked what was wrong.

"I- I didn't t-tell you this b-but-" Tony couldn't finish his sentence as he started crying harder and started crying into Steve's shoulder again. After about a minute, Steve pried him off again, Steve walked Tony to his couch and sat him self down. Tony laid down and rested his head on Steve's lap, crying into Steve's stomach. His shirt was getting soaked, but he didn't care, Tony needed him. Steve pushed his shoulder gently so he was looking up at his face. He wouldn't look into Steve's eyes, for whatever reason.

"Tony", Steve said with the most caring voice he had, "What's wrong, why are you crying. You can tell me anything, you know this right?" Tony nodded and sat up. Steve wiped his remaining tears from his face with my thumb, but it was no use, more would stream down his face.

"You don't have to tell me Tony." Steve said with a quiet voice. He opened his mouth to speak, but first came a shuddered sigh, "I didn't t-tell you this, b-but a y-year ago from t-today my parents died." He said with a shaky voice. He could barely finish his sentence without crying.

Steve looked into his eyes, his red puffy eyes, and told him to look into his, "Tony, I'm so sorry I-" Steve was cut from his sentence when Tony leaned forward quickly, kissing Steve on his lips. Steve was wide eyed, looking at Tony's closed eyes, then closed his eyes and put his hands on either side of Tony's jaw and kissed back. Steve pulled his lips from Tony's and he rested his forehead on Tony's.