14

A/N sorry it took so long to update. I was at camp all week and I've been writing a Teen!Lock fanfic so yeah. I apologize with smut at the end of the chapter.

-----

The school year was over, finally. Tony was going to be a senior, and Steve was going to be a sophomore. It was only the first week of summer while Steve and Tony were already on their way to the beach. Tony's father had owned a nice beach house and the couple were going to stay for a few weeks.

"Tony you shouldn't be texting and driving." Steve said looking over at Tony.

"I'm not texting, I'm playing a game." Tony said looking from the phone to the road. The car swerved off the road for a moment before Tony drove back onto it.

"Tony! Dammit you almost gave me a heart attack!" Steve yelled holding the left side of his chest.

"Alright, I'll put away my phone." Tony said locking the phone and placing it in a cup holder. Steve grabbed the phone and looked at the lock screen for what seemed like the thousandth time and smiled. Tony was on Steve's back, with a big grin on his face. Steve was smiling, holding Tony's thighs to his side. When the phone locked itself Steve put it back in the cup holder and lay his head back on the headrest. He sighed and held Tony's hand, falling asleep, waiting to get to their destination.

An hour or so later Tony stopped at a gas station and shook Steve awake.

"Steve, we're stopping for a break." Tony said shaking Steve's shoulder lightly. His eyes opened up and he wiped the drool from his chin. Tony chuckled and continued talking.

"We're stopping for a break here." Steve stretched and let out a groan. He got of the car and walked to the door without saying a word. Tony trailed behind him and decided not to mention how Steve kept saying "no" and "Tony" in his sleep, and he kept turning from one side to the other. Steve didn't say much when he got into the gas station or when they got back into the car.

"Everything alright?" Tony asked before starting the car. Steve looked at Tony and put a fake smile on his face.

"Yeah I'm just not in a talking mood right now." Steve lied. Tony smiled and took a hold of Steve's hand, squeezing it lightly to ensure everything would be alright. He started the car and drove onto the road, getting on the highway to reach their destination. Steve fell back asleep soon with the soothing feeling of the car driving on the slightly bumpy road that lies ahead of them.

"No, Tony. No, no, no. TONY! NO!" Steve shot forward, the seat belt locking as he did so. Tony slowed down the car and pulled to the side of the highway. Steve was panting, with sweat beads rolling down the side of his face. Tony looked over at Steve with a concerned look on his face. Steve looked at Tony, and rested his head on his seat. He closed his eyes briefly before unbuckling himself, and stepping out of the car for a moment. Tony got out as well and walked around the car to where Steve was.

"Is everything okay Steve?" Tony said placing his hands on Steve's shoulders. Steve looked down at Tony and shook his head slightly sideways. Tony pulled Steve into a hug and wrapped his arms around Steve's waist.

"I've been having nightmares for couple of nights, and I thought they would go away so I decided to just ignore them and not tell anyone." Steve said pulling away from the hug.

'What are they about?" Tony asked as they both stepped back into the car. He already knew the answer, but he wanted to hear it come from Steve's mouth.

"It's not important right now. How much longer until we get to the beach?" Steve said scratching the back of his head.

"Steve I want to know what's going on in the nightmares. We only have about twenty minutes left in the car, so maybe it's best you don't fall asleep." Tony said starting the car and driving onto the road again. Steve didn't reply to Tony and looked out of the window.